Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 keeps showing a smiley face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

my charge 3 only shows the smiley face when I restart it. It will vibrate, show the smiley, and then the screen goes black. 

it plugs in fine to the charger but shows no battery icon.

my phone finds the device fine to sync with the app, but I can’t see the number on the display to complete the sync since it’s a blank screen.

the green light flashes fine. Any help? Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @NikkiGoodwoman and welcome to the Help forums.  I hope my guess is right, but it sounds like your screen wake got set to manual.  The Charge 4 screen will wake with a light double tap.  I think the Charge 3 has the same feature.  Does this wake your screen?  To get your screen wake back to automatic, press and hold the "button" for two seconds.  Swipe up until you get to the Screen Wake.  Tap on the lightbulb if it is greyed out.

I hope this works. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for answering. This did not work. I held the button for two
seconds and then swiped up on the black screen and nothing appeared after
even a few swipes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NikkiGoodwoman It's good that the community is growing! 

Let me help you with your Charge 3 not working as it should and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Also thank you for trying @LZeeW suggestions. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team so they can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes