Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 losing time overnight

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new Charge 3 lost 10 minutes overnight. I synced it this morning and now it has the correct time. Why would it lose so much time? Is it defective?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Wow, so the third unit didn't lose any time over night and during the day maybe a total of 1 second was lost! I guess this one is good to go. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help with this @seantnash

It's good to know this new device is working properly @Joe002, thank you for providing all these updates about what you've been experiencing. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I really wasn't sure what was going on, but the last one is still keeping good time.

Now if I can just get digital seconds, date, and day I can give up my wristwatch! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update @Joe002, it's great to know you'll be able to use it as a wristwatch as well. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've lost over 30 minutes for the second time in less than a week. Plus I've lost more than an 1 hours trying to sync and re-configure. Now I must wear a regular watch today as I must go to work.

Best Answer

Hi @lallard53, welcome to the Community forums. I'm sorry to see you've been having trouble with the Charge 3 device loosing time. 

Could you please confirm if you already tried all the steps I mentioned here earlier? And also the suggestions shared in this post? They have been useful to other users experiencing something similar. 

Please keep us posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 is not keeping time, and I can't keep it synced to my phone. It will not sync with phone, table or computer.

So, my question is, how did you replace your defective device? Return to Best Buy, or thru Fitbit? I am so disappointed in this device!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine through Amazon and returned the defectives ones to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally took my tablet and POOF! it worked. And as of now, it is still working fine. Thanks for all your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this information @Roxired, could you please confirm if the mobile device you're using to sync is currently present in the list of compatible devices to sync with the Fitbit app? Make sure that you've also tried all the steps in this article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Regarding the device loosing time in the last few days, please try to restart your Charge 3, and confirm if you continue to experience the same difficulties. 

Thank you for this update @lallard53, it's great news. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Charge 3 in December 2019.  It was working perfectly for 2 months, but in last few days I noticed it was losing time.  I also am having difficulty syncing to the app.

I have read through the posts and done all resets etc.  When I finally got the Charge to sync, it fixed the time, but now 2 hours later, I am having the same problem.

Given this seems to be a common problem, has Fitbit identified the issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem, driving me mad 10 mins slow every day until it finally syncs which sometimes takes hours. I’ve tried all the options and nothing helps,not currently at work due to Covid but wondering if this is going to affect my alarm when I return, which could make me late. Diet it out Fitbit 

-----------------------

Typo.. Meant .. sort it out Fitbit 

Best Answer
I went through several weeks of back and forth triage with the service centre and they finally sent me a new device. New one has been working well for about a month

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it is, ive had my fitbit ionic changed 4 times now same issue everytime I do early shifts where I have to be up at 2 .30am so use the alarm  to not wake my partner up well was late for work because alarm never went off. It seems fitbits gets worse never had a problem with the fit bit hr nothing but problems with the blaze  and nothing but problems  with this think its time for me to go over to Samsung 

Best Answer

Fitbit Versa, having replaced my failed Blaze it finally gave up again and now I have the Versa.

the last 2 mornings it has lost exactly 10 minutes overnight, yes I can sync it in the morning which then corrects the issue.

but why is it losing exactly 10 mins each night, surely not another failing fitbit.

Best Answer

This is the second time I've restarted my Charge 3 - it's losing more time every day - 40 minutes lost in 24 hours. I had this less than 8 months. This is ridiculous.

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @SuePB.  

Thank you for all the details that you've provided regarding the problem you've experienced with your Charge 3 loosing time overnight. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already got in touch with them about this.

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I lost contact with the Support team without a resolution of the problem.
Problems have not been fixed.
Best Answer

I have been havin g the same problem. Every night it loses 40 minutes and getting worse nightly. 

The contact from fitbit support has been useless and have given me a code to get 35% discount to buy a new one. Can't afford it so it is Bye Bye fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes