Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 no longer shows the notification icon on it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit has not vibrated in weeks. Just realized the icon is missing.

Please advise how to get it the notification icon back on my Fitbit so I can select it to turn it on and receive text messages again.

Note: Fitbit has been updated.

Icons - Do not disturb and sleep mode are off. Screen wake is on, and the notification icon should be under it, which it is not. Please advise 

Thank you

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I just saw the same thing. I have sat here for an hour trying to figure out why my watch isn’t vibrating when I get a notification. I hope someone can help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ShirleyMilton @Tasha.M.79. Welcome to the community forums!

Thank you for the detailed information. This is very odd and I'd suggest trying to restart your Charge 3 devices. For this, please check the instructions here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If that doesn't help, please perform a long restart by following the tips below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

I also recommend checking this link for troubleshooting steps regarding notifications. You may also try to remove notifications and set them up again. 

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. The other thing I noticed is the notification function on My iPhone doesn’t work when I tap it. That’s where you can change the settings for the Fitbit.  I imagine this is why it stopped the notifications on the device.  
i upgraded the Fitbit and did a reset (not what was recommended above) and that didn’t work.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I restarted my fitbit and now it vibrates when I receive calls and text. Great!

The notification icon still isn't showing on my Fitbit.  Strange!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LBB22. Welcome to the community forums!

Thank you for the detailed information. I'd like to let you know that there is currently an inconvenience that won't allow the notifications settings screen to open, and the suggested workaround is to uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit App that should fix the issue. After that, please confirm if the latest version of the Fitbit App was installed to your iPhone, otherwise please update the App by following the instructions here

Note that updating the App could also help your Charge 3 to receive notifications. 

@ShirleyMilton I am glad to hear that your Charge 3 is now receiving notifications. Also, you mentioned that your Charge 3 got updated and looks like this is when you no longer saw the notification icon under the Screen Wake option, but I was reviewing the Charge 3 manual and I was able to see that it could be expected since from the Quick Setting screen, under "Screen Wake" and Settings App on your Charge 3, there isn't a notification icon. You can see this on page 18 and 19 from the manual. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes