Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not getting text messages from iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since upgrading to Charge 3 I no longer get text messages from my I phone to the Charge 3

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
274 REPLIES 274

Thanks so much! Now if I could just get phone call notifications LOL! Have a great night 

Best Answer

Hi, I can’t Receive notifications for a while now. Resetting Fitbit, reconnecting Bluetooth, reinstalling the app. Nothing is working. When in the app, under charge 3, clickin notifications does not work. Or it’s immediately going into loading mode (and nothing happens for minutes until it stops again), or it asks me to pair the device but when clicking it, no pop-up comes up. And as I said, doing it manually does not solve the problem. It connects, but still the messages option does not open. What do you suggest?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe a dumb question and I’m sure you’ve tried ... press and hold both sides of the Fitbit until you see screen wake and notifications... make sure notifications is on and lit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, this indeed I’ve tried

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

still won't work for me but it did let me know when I got a phone call 

Best Answer
Yes. Same here. It will alert me when I’m getting a phone call and it
will let me know that someone has sent me a snap chat. No texts. 😡
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased mine today, and only getting incoming calls. How frustrating to see such negative reviews on the forum. None of the multiple suggestions to receive text messages is working for me at this time. Even recent you tube suggestions have a different screen for Fitbit Charge 3 than mine that was posted 6 months ago?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you please tell me where you found the FitBit number to contact for support?
Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn’t find a number. I found email on support page, contact us. I
didn’t get a reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting text messages on my charge 3 either. I have tried everything. Now I am getting the same thing on my notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! I have an iPhone XR

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this over and over and I’m still not receiving my text messages. Ugg 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the XR and I have tried everything over and over and still can’t get the texts to come through. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well my Fit Bit took a Crap while on vacation and it was only two years
old. I think it’s time for an Apple Watch instead. Done with their
products.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I’ve never been able to receive text messages on my Fitbit and i have an iPhone 8. I’ve finally figured it out myself after trying to find a soloition on this thread. Go to settings > notifications > show previews (make sure it is set to always) then scroll down to messages > ensure all three options are selected (banner, Notification Center, lock screen) > across down to option > show previews make sure it is set to always. After doing this i immediately started receiving texts to my fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing is working. I have been troubleshooting this with all of your ideas for days! This is very unfortunate!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge three and my iPhone EXR are not sharing messages. I can get alerts when I get a phone call. I can answer my phone with my Fitbit. But your messages of the text nature do not show up in any way shape or form.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through all those steps and I even shut my phone off and tried to restart things just to see if it needed a reboot. Nothing seems to of worked. Have you had anybody else with the same problem? And what was their next step?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying so hard to get my fit to vibrate when I had a notification...

This worked for me!! Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you switch it to? There are a few options

Best Answer
0 Votes