Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not getting text messages from iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since upgrading to Charge 3 I no longer get text messages from my I phone to the Charge 3

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @mchalej! If your Charge 3 is still not receiving Notifications, please try the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app 
  3. Tap on Account > Charge 3 > Notifications
  4. When a pop-up with a "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message, tap on Set Up and continue.
  5. A new "Bluetooth Pairing Request" will appear, tap on Pair to continue
  6. Once in the Notifications menu, enable the ones you'd like to receive. 
  7. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
274 REPLIES 274

Welcome on board @mchalej! If your Charge 3 is still not receiving Notifications, please try the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app 
  4. When a pop-up with a "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message, tap on Set Up and continue.
  7. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for the help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed these steps..still not getting messages.  "Show in history" is not an option in my notifications...I don't know if that's the issue??

Best Answer

Hey there @sallyq3, thanks for jumping in here! Can you please send me a screen shot of the options you've available on the Notification settings on your iOS phone? See my image below, your options should look like mine:

Notification Fitbit.png

• Go to settings
  • Tap "Notifications"
  • Look for the Fitbit app
  • See the options available 

Looking forward to your response! 

Best Answer

My Fitbit was not receiving notifications for my text messages on my iPhone. I went to my notification setting on my phone and went to the message app. I went to repeat alerts and shows once. And it worked out from there.

I have a Charge 3 and an iPhone 8 Plus.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I filed a claim and receive notification via email to return my charge3.  However, it started working again So I kept it MISTAKE!!

Again not working, can’t receive text messages and I’ve tried all of the instructions Fitbit has posted.

I’m really disappointed with the charge3 and wished I had just returned it .

it stopped working a week after I received it.

I would like to return if possible or exchange.

Best Answer

I have set my iPhone up to my Fitbit charge 3 and I cannot get messages to the fitbit. It shows in the app that I have the notifications turned on for calls and text but it’s not coming through. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

Thank you, this worked for me 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't see how to start a new question, so I'm going to hook on to yours and hope I see a reply.  I got my Charge 3 for a Christmas gift-- but for a lot a reasons just today had a chance to set up.  It is not receiving text notifications even though all my settings on my phone are correct.  I've gone through the whole sequence recommended-- TWICE.  Still nothing,  Is this a problem with my Fitbit?

Best Answer
Have you downloaded the Fitbit app and allowed notifications from there??

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have. All settings in my app and on my phone match what they should
be.
Best Answer

I followed the advice given on this forum, and like many others...I still was only getting alerts for calls - not messages.  Then I found a Fitbit help article that gave me my solution:

• For Messages, also make sure Show on Lock Screen and Show as Banners are on

I checked my phone and realized my "Show as Banners" was off.  Once I turned it on...I started getting alerts for my text messages on my Charge 3 too.  

Best Answer

Hello guys, sorry for the late response.

Welcome on board @aparker0413! Thanks for making sure you have notifications turned on for calls and texts. However, I was wondering if you've checked what was recommended in this post? My friend @LindaPB has also shared here what worked for her, take a look at her response.

Hello @Poohpie!  I'm glad to hear that the steps provided worked for you. Also, thanks for helping out in this thread. Woman Wink

It's nice to have a new member around, welcome @Babygirl57! I appreciate you've taken the time to follow all the tips and recommendations provided. Also, thanks for making sure your phone's settings are set correctly.

Since your device is still not receiving Notifications, please try the following:

2. Open the Fitbit app 
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History/Notification Center
    • Show in Banners

Give this a shot and let us know the outcome!

Best Answer

This didn’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel the same way. I wish I had of kept my charge 2. I never had pRobles like I do now with my charge 3.

Best Answer

Thank you this really helped though I have an android it still worked the same way 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Petie  and @Redpassion! Sorry for the late response.

Thanks for following the recommendations I've provided above. I suggest to try the steps provided at: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

If you are using more than one device (iOS and Android) to sync your Charge 3, note that If your phone is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:

• Your Fitbit device might stop syncing or stop receiving notifications.
  • You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.

These interruptions are typically caused by operating system and Bluetooth limitations. It's also possible that an app on your phone is causing the issue.

If you have an Android phone, try these steps:

1. Turn off the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app.
  2. Disable other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  3. Check to see if your phone has an app compatible with Ford Motor Company's voice control system. If so, disable Bluetooth on the app if possible or uninstall it.

The API used in these apps makes it difficult for Fitbit to communicate reliably with your phone. Ford provides a list of apps but note that other companies may use the API as well.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @littlebitt! I'm glad to hear the steps worked for you. Woman Very Happy 

Let me know if the steps work, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi -- finally got it to work.  I told my iPhone to forget the Charge 3 -- then TURNED OFF THE iPHONE and turned it back on, before proceeding with the instructions below

thanks all!

2. Open the Fitbit app 
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History/Notification Center
    • Show in Banners

Give this a shot and let us know the outcome!

Best Answer

Welcome on board @sharonella! We're glad to hear that the steps provided above solved the notification issue you were experiencing. Thanks for sharing the outcome my friend! Robot wink

Let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist you with, it'll be a pleasure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes