Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not getting text messages from iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since upgrading to Charge 3 I no longer get text messages from my I phone to the Charge 3

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
274 REPLIES 274

I cannot et the Charge 3 to receive messages or phone calls from my Samsung S7 either. Very frustrating. I think I'll get my Charge 2 back from my grandson and return this. It's annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @cybernana0325I am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. I appreciate your feedback.

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. I'm sure that from now on, everything should be working correctly. If the issue persists, don't hesitate to get back to our team, they'll be more than glad to further assist. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much, this solved it.  I was racking my brain over this thing.  Seems the latest update to my IOS turned this off by default.  Not sure why but it's good now, receiving texts on my Charge 3.  You rock, pat on the back from this guy.  🙂

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Yoda6! We're glad to hear that the steps suggested in this thread helped you out. Smiley Very Happy

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist you with. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not able to get or open up text messages on my Android phone. Michele PetersonDreams Come True
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve had nothing but trouble with my charge 3 trouble started after having it for one week.
I’ve tried restarting many times still doesn’t work. Just stopped using it and will never buy another Fitbit product again!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

iMessage does not appear as an option under Fitbit notifications in their app but it does work if you go to your settings on your iPhone. Choose notifications and Messages Allow notifications. Make sure that all of the alerts are checked - Lock screen, Notification Center, Banners and banner style must be “PERSISTENT”. This worked for me!

Best Answer

Hello @Redpassion and @Bwaysh! I totally understand how you guys feel. Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

I'd recommend to make sure you've set up notifications properly by taking a look at the help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Welcome on board @Linda-Canada! Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. Woman Wink I'm glad to hear you're back on track. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Best Answer

hi im having trouble receiving text message notifications of my newly purchased fitbit charge 3 .. i dont know what to do.. i have read all the messages thread but its not helping.. please what to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @yhentot01! Thanks for taking the time to follow the tips and recommendations provided in the forums. 

I had a similar inconvenience with my iPhone and my Charge 3 a week ago. I tried the following and it worked:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app 
  3. Tap on Account > Charge 3> Notifications
  4. When a pop-up with a "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message, tap on Set Up and continue.
  5. A new "Bluetooth Pairing Request" will appear, tap on Pair to continue
  6. Once in the Notifications menu, enable the ones you'd like to receive. 
  7. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History/Notification Center

Give this a go and let me know if the steps worked. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

perhaps it's because I'm a senior - but I cant get it to work. I have followed those instructions. and nothing!

last notification I got was april 16

Best Answer
0 Votes

I set mine up just like your picture and nothing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @AMBAIN! Thanks for following the steps I've provided in the picture

I was wondering if you've tried what I suggested here? Did you try to set up notifications again after removing your Charge 3 from your phone's Bluetooth settings?

Keep me posted, I'll be around and glad to continue assisting you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the solution and it gives me notifications when someone is calling but not when their are sending a text. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @Chair816! Thanks for trying the solution posted here and letting me know you do receive calls but not texts. 

While reading your post I was wonder if you checked in your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled (for iOS):

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in History/Notification Center

For Android phone:

• Open your Messages app on your Android device.
  • Go to Settings
  • Click on Notifications
  • Make sure there is a check mark next to "Preview Message" 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep did all of that still no texts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I’ve tried everything listed in all of these replies and nothing works. I have the Charge 3 and an iPhone 7+. I received notification me on my Charge 3 when I first got it but all of a sudden it stopped working. I’ve had it about 2 months. I’ve thought my steps were wrong quite often and it doesn’t track workouts properly either. I’m beginning to think I have a faulty device. Who can I contact for help? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chair816 and @nikkissaw! Thanks so much for following the troubleshooting steps I've suggested along this thread. 

Since your Charge 3 devices are still not receiving notifications, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community Forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

Best Answer

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for not replying sooner— but I DID finally get things working!  Thanks for all the input and advice.  Can’t say I know “exactly” what one thing I was missing— I was trying so much— I just finally got it to work.  

I even, recently, was able to attach my Fitbit to my NOOM ap— so— I’m getting better at this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes