Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not getting text messages from iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since upgrading to Charge 3 I no longer get text messages from my I phone to the Charge 3

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
274 REPLIES 274
I now have FitBit Versa and I still can’t get my text messages to work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of this an still do not get text notifications from iphone to fitbit.  Iphone is getting ready to go away.  Latest upgrades have messed up other apps too.  I need my text messages to

go to my fitbit. Called support they were no help

Best Answer

Me too. It has been weeks. New charge 3. Still no messages

Update:

That did not help either all settings are as stated in troubleshooting tips. This is crazy
Done still not working
Me either. I have iphone xs. Still no messages. Iphone has messed up somewhere

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

This didn’t work for me, but in the notifications app I changed the setting “show previews”. It was on never and I changed it to always (default) and bingo! It started working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was definitely this setting. I tried all the other stuff listed (uninstall, switch on off various settings, unpair and then repair Bluetooth device etc.) none of them worked. But “show previews” always definitely worked for me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aaron thank goodness for your advice...I was going to start pulling my hair out lol...I did everything from hard start, delete app, remove it from blue tooth twice!!!...I even talked to a customer service rep... Then I tried this and my iphone was set to never ..put it to repeat once and yes I have texts coming through!!!! thank you and Merry Christmas 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did EVERYTHING on this forum and found the answer for me. I did NOT have to make my messages display “preview (default)” but go to Bluetooth settings. When you are about to “forget device” there is an option to “share system notifications” toggle that on! Omg! Also. I agree with many ppl here. Make sure you use the “left button” and turn notifications on the actual Charge 3! 

hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much; turning the phone off finally did the trick!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did as suggested and still don't receive messages from my iPhone to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with you. After my second Fitbit, I gave up and got an Apple phone. No worries now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @Happy2B, @amhgarr, welcome to the community forums!

@amhgarr thank you very much for your feedback! Please note that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process.

@Happy2B thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've followed! If you confirmed the following: 

1. Toggle the iMessage setting; general > Messages > iMessage
  2. verify the `Show Previews` to be on `Always`.

And the inconvenience has persisted, please confirm if this has happened as well with a 3rd party app like Whatsapp or just with text notifications from your phone. You can also try to un-pair notifications and set them up again in case you haven't done so. 

I look forward to your response. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all advice. NOTHING works... received text messages on my Fitbit for two weeks then nothing... still nothing.  

What do tie an use the left button?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GraceMK61. Welcome to the community forums.

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you for following our instructions. Regarding your question, if you refer about how to restart your Fitbit device, please note that you can follow the instructions from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

On a side note, I recommend making sure that the Fitbit App for your mobile device is up to date. If it has a pending update, I recommend performing the update and then try to perform the troubleshooting steps one more time. 

Hope this helps.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Think I can help IPhone users, go to notifications then Messages click show previews then set it to always.

this worked for me hope it can help you too

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you - I have tried that - no luck. I used to be able to get messages but they just suddenly stopped. Annoying
Karen

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes