Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not getting text messages from iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since upgrading to Charge 3 I no longer get text messages from my I phone to the Charge 3

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
274 REPLIES 274

Great news @Babygirl57! I'm glad to hear that your notifications are finally working on your Charge 3. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Man Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this issue.  I have tried everything listed and is still not receiving messages.  My phone (iPhone 8 plus) also did not have the show in history option.  I rebooted my Charge 3 also.  It still is not receiving text message notifications.  I just purchased this Fitbit 2 weeks ago.  Should I exchange it for a different one?  Is this a manufacturer defect?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @LaMexiRican! Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided here to solve the issue with your notifications between your Charge 3 and your iPhone 8.

While reading your post I was wondering if by any chance you had any other Fitbit paired to your Fitbit account and phone? If you're no longer using that Fitbit, I'd recommend to remove it from your phone's Bluetooth setting and your Fitbit account.

If the issue persists after having only your Charge 3 linked, I'd recommend setting up your notifications again by following the steps I've shared here.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this several times. I’ve even reset the Fitbit from the watch and tried it. I now get my notifications for calls again but still not text messages. ☹️

Sent from 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @LaMexiRican! I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the notifications between your Charge 3 and your iPhone.

We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these suggestion are working for my on my iPhone X. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit updated today and once again, text notifications got automatically turned off.  There appears to be a defect with the Charge 3 on this.  I never had this problem with my Charge 2.  I hope Fitbit corrects this soon. I did the steps outlined above and got the text notifications to turn back on (until the next update I assume). I'm beginning to question why I remain loyal to Fitbit when they obviously don't care too much about their products working correctly. (Thanks goodness I bought mine at Target that will allow returns up to 90 days from purchase!) This is the second Fitbit Charge 3 I've had (the first one I bought in May quit working correctly after I swam with it - although they advertise that you can swim with it). Very disappointed in this product!!

Best Answer

Hi! Hoping for help... I have tried all the advice provided - they are all temporary fixes. It eventually stops working. Is there an update that will be coming soon with a fix? Seems to be a common issue with the Charge 3. Please let me know if there is permanent fix! It's getting old unpairing, restarting, and missing messages because the device doesn't work properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a IPhone 8 and a Fitbit charger 3 no luck with getting texts on my Fitbit. I have read everything on this issue with still no luck. Any new ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried everything I’ve read myself with no luck. I get all other notifications just not text messages. I think it has to do with an update they had made.

Sent from 

Best Answer
0 Votes
For some unknown reason I finally got it to work. I checked my IPhone settings, notifications, Do not disturb and raised the volume level up and it started working. Thank you for the insight.
M
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ll try that too. Hopefully it’ll work for me too.

Sent from 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn’t working either.  I tried this.  No luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Hey there @sallyq3, thanks for jumping in here! Can you please send me a screen shot of the options you've available on the Notification settings on your iOS phone? See my image below, your options should look like mine:

Notification Fitbit.png

• Go to settings
  • Tap "Notifications"
  • Look for the Fitbit app
  • See the options available 

Looking forward to your response! 

That is what my settings look like...did all the things you said and it still isn’t working😐

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just added a comment about texting not working for me. Finally is coming through my Fitbit. I have an IPhone 8 and here is what I have for notifications under Fitbit. Hopefully this picture works.

Dremes77
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my son’s Fitbit on my phone as well but I removed it and still have the same problem. Still no messages. And now my son’s doesn’t register his exercise either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my son’s Fitbit on my phone as well but I removed it and still have the same problem. Still no messages. And now my son’s doesn’t register his exercise either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure the settings in notification on the phone is correct. I have an IPhone 8. I am using My Fitness Pal app and Fitbit works well with it.
Dremes77
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I have checked and reset and checked again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having this issue with a Samsung G7 too try going to notification in fitbit app turn your calls off then on and send test call, Worked here!

Best Answer
0 Votes