Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not holding a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone experiencing a fast battery drain after latest update on Charge 3? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner.

If your tracker isn't holding a charge, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provide there. After following those steps, test your unit.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

A warm welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner.

If your tracker isn't holding a charge, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provide there. After following those steps, test your unit.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi all sorted and working fine now, thanks for the help, kind regards col😁👍

Best Answer

Those are great news @SunsetRunner, I am glad to hear that your tracker is working properly now. If there is anything else we can do for you, do not hesitate to post it.

Happy stepping! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that but mine still doesn't hold a charge for even a day! The other thing is, why should we have to turn off all of the functionality when it never drained the battery before? This problem only started last week. This is a replacement charge that was supposed to have been "new" to replace a black screen on the one I'd had less than 6 months. Now I'm having problems with this one and the battery draining. What's going on fitbit?

Update: I charged my unit and it was to be fine before going to bed. When I woke up, the screen was black again and would not wake. I plugged it in to try to reset it again, but now all it does is a consistent buzz when on the charger. I cannot reset.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

My Fitbit was working perfectly fine 2 days ago. It was holding a charge for nearly a week.  Now it won't even hold a charge for 24 hours.  It is not a problem with the settings, nor is it being used any differently than before. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  Charge 3 used to hold a charge for about 5 - 6 days.  Now all of a sudden it's about 2 days or less.  Nothing I am doing differently.  

Best Answer

All week, my Charge 3 hasn't been able to hold a charge more than 24 hours. This device is not even a year old yet! Before this week, it would hold a charge for 6-8 days.. my settings have not changed AT ALL. I do not want to disable the functions to "preserve battery life" - I bought this device FOR THE FUNCTIONS. Please provide a better solution.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue!  I have tried everything, nothing has worked!  My fitbit held a charge for a good week, the last few days, it doesn't last a day!  There are quite a few recent posts with people having the same problem.  Please let me know what Fitbit is doing to fix this issue!  

Thank you!

Best Answer

There are complaints about this issue in multiple forums spanning several years. Fitbit's response hasn't changed - too bad, so sad, here's a discount for a new device so you'll give us more of your money.  They have made no apparent effort to fix it, presumably because they don't see it as an issue. 

These failures don't behave like the natural degradation of a battery.  I'm convinced this is planned obsolescence. They've programmed the devices to artificially fail so people will have to spend more money. As much as I liked the device when it worked, I am done with this company because I no longer trust them.  I've switched brands and recommend that others do the same. 

Best Answer
It is truly sad, my kids spent their hard earned money to give me this as a Christmas present!  Will have to research other brands.  Thank you for responding!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer

I'm having same issue with the battery suddenly not holding a charge on my Charge 3.  Worked until about 2 days ago and not it won't hold a charge for even an hour.  I charge it--shows 100% then put it on and within an hour it is dead.  

I'm sad because I really liked it.  Similar thing happened to previous FitBits (other versions).  I guess I'll switch products as well.

Any suggestions on which product to switch to?  The Apple watch looks great but too pricey for me.

Best Answer

I've heard good things about Apple and Samsung and I've had good experiences with other products from both companies.  I don't have enough experience with their watches to weigh in as yet. 

Best Answer

I reset mine countless times, plugged it in my computer and the wall.  I tried to do a factory reset but it wouldn't work.  After a few frustrating days, it started holding a charge again.  

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same problem, my device was working fine until I have installed a MyFintnessPal which should be a compatible third party app.

Since then I could not get 24 hours charge anymore.

I have try everything suggested plus, uninstalled MyFintnessPal and revoked the permission, reset my watch, un-pair and pair it countless times as well but it still does not hold the charge.

Some support fom Fitbit should much apprecited.

Best Answer

In the last month or so I have been having battery problems with my Charge 3. 

I can fully charge it in the morning after and I get up and the next morning battery is down to 40%. Sometimes even 35%. Battery used to last 3 or 4 days before it went anywhere near 35% before I would charge it.

The charge 3 is now over a year old. Could the age of my Charge 3 be anything to do with it.

I been reading the posts on here and I don't see why we need to turn off the likes of text and call notifications to save battery life. I use those notifications and find for me they come in very handy. I even use the Facebook messenger notification.

Best Answer

Turning off these features will turn off processes that run in the background and use energy.  That I get.  What I don't get is how the battery goes from holding a charge for the better part of a week to holding a charge for a day or less literally overnight.  It didn't drain that fast when all apps and features were turned on previously.  Even if that was the problem, why doesn't Fitbit provide a software update to fix it?  If the problem is that the battery they are using is a mystery type that's prone to suddenly crashing with no warning, why aren't they using a different battery? 

Whether the issue is software or hardware, people have been complaining about this problem for several years and Fitbit has not done anything to fix it.  All they do is offer customers hollow platitudes and give them "discounts" to trick them into wasting more money on new devices that are just as likely to fail.  Shameful.

Best Answer

My charge 3 won’t hold the charge, it dies after 2 hours. I cleaned it and still no luck. What are my options 

Best Answer

Options are to search forums for help or contact Fitbit support to see if they can fix it, but be prepared.  It will probably end with an offer of a 25% discount for a new device that will likely fail in the same way. 

Best Answer

My fitbit charge 3 died after 1 year and 3 months.  I like it so I purchased a new one...but I also purchased a 3 year insurance policy from Walmart on this one.  If it goes out again at least some of it will be covered I hope.

Best Answer
0 Votes