Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not providing "reminders to move"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I updated my Fitbit with the latest update and seem to have stop receiving these reminders to move. I have the setting turned on and my Bluetooth is synced to my phone correctly. Is this a known issue, is their a fix yet?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

A warm welcome to the Community @LB_93.

Thanks for troubleshooting this reminders to move issue. Have you tried to restart your tracker? If you haven't, I recommend trying this by following the instructions provided in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done that, I did that on Monday and it worked and then stopped again

Best Answer

Same issue here. 

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit Reset has no effect. Problem is intermittent.  Some final 10 minute that are left below 250 notifications do occur, but not all occur. Steps are not being counted frequently as part or coincidently. For example more than 250 physically counted within final 10 minutes with as little as 46 steps to go and Charge 3 still shows 46 steps to go.  Suddenly Charge 3 will show hour complete, but steps have not yet been displayed that would justify that it is complete on the device either in the hourly screen, or the days steps screen.  Restart of the device may or may not recover some of the missing steps. It is apparently random when it misbehaves and what quantity is uncounted.  I have this experience with live data toggled either on or off.  

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer

I've just submitted a support request to fitbit via email. I hope they would answer me except asking me to reset again and again.

Yes! Fitbit support has got back to me. They just advised me to restart Charge 3 using the 15-second method.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I did that, it worked for a couple hours then stopped working again

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just got this reply from the Fitbit support. Please try if it helps you. It doesn't help me.

Kindly follow the steps below:

Fitbit app

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the hourly activity tile. This is the tile that shows the number of hours you completed 250 steps.
  2. Tap the gear icon and turn Reminders to Move on or off.

If in case the issue persists, please do the long restart.

To restart Charge 3 using the 15-second method: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
4. The device turns off.
5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again. 

Best Answer

It would be helpful to know precisely what conditions are required for the Charge 3 to notify for hourly activity and others..  There are many notifications that are intermittent. This one seems to only require a Charge 3 that has been instructed once and no other device need be connected.  However, It appears that if the Charge 3 is engaged with a connected device whether because live data is flowing or Bluetooth is searching, a Sync is incomplete and continuing to interrogate the Charge 3, and many other notifications, like phone, text, calendar, email, and who knows what else there can be different failures for different settings and proximities or communications.  

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer

I have been having this happen to me regularly as well.  Can I ask if it happens after you have just recharged your fitbit?  I am trying to narrow down the circumstances and it seems like the recharging process may be the trigger.  

Best Answer

I bet even fitbit has no clue about this matter at all either. Happy New Year. 

Best Answer

@SnarfCat  charging is one of the triggers it sometimes seems, especially when it takes over an hour to charge.  Generally revolves around tracker, app, system re-coordination of "Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is"  I'd guess.

A tracker initiated reboot has helped often but other times it requires me to disconnect Bluetooth, restart the app and Bluetooth, and then reset the tracker.  

It appears to me to be as iff the Always Connected was toggled on and the phone was out of range.  That can lock mine into not even counting steps with profoundly long lag time changing tracker screens.

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried several times and the reminders to move and notification once I make 250 steps does not occur either.   Silent alarms do though, and yes the app does say the notifications and notice to move are on!  So frustrating

Best Answer

I'm not getting notifications to move nor of texts/What'sApp messages/calls from my iPhone, all of which were working before.  Like @AllanLMac I am getting silent alarms and all notification switches are ON.  I have owned this Versa 3 for 9 months. Something is NOT right here!

Oops I meant CHARGE 3 not Versa 3!!!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hey HSP308!  I went with the factory reset and it worked perfectly, so far!  Make sure you sync the Fitbit with the APP before you start this though!  

Connect your Fitbit to the Charger!  Then On your Fitbit go to your “Settings”, then “About”, and  then “Clear User Data”.  After it is done it will delete your Bluetooth settings so you will have to go on to your phone and connect your Fitbit again!  You will have to set up your Fitbit again, but all of your history is there and once you are done setting up, It will pair with the APP, then simply sync the Fitbit to the App! Again this worked perfectly for me, and everything is working again...  Best of luck to you!

Best Answer

Thanks so much! I’m up and running again (well....walking anyway LOL) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn't work for me. Mine not only doesn't notify me when I don't have my hour, it doesn't sync unless it's in the mood to. I'm tired of being told it's my phone when the silly thing doesn't show up on ANY Bluetooth. Either replace the defective units or repair the firmware, Fitbit. We didn't buy these things because we had too much money and nothing else to spend it on. These are being sold to do certain things and they aren't doing them

Best Answer

Restarting did not work.

Best Answer

That worked for a day, then the next day the reminders to move stopped. Tried the process all over again and still not working 😞

Best Answer