Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not providing "reminders to move"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I updated my Fitbit with the latest update and seem to have stop receiving these reminders to move. I have the setting turned on and my Bluetooth is synced to my phone correctly. Is this a known issue, is their a fix yet?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hey guys, mine is working perfectly now. The last update included a new Do Not Disturb (DND) feature that was ON on my Charge 3. Hold down the button and the DND and Sleep options appear. Make sure that this is OFF. I'm receiving my Reminders to move now for the past 3 days so far, no issues and no need to restart the device or unlink and link etc. Just had to turn off the DND.

Best Answer

Agree wholeheartedly. My Fitbit gets new issues every time I charge it. First the screen stopped lighting when I lift my wrist to look at it, but will open if I tap 3 times. Then it goes completely black and i have to press the button to see anything, and now the notifications (both reminders to move and messages from my phone) no longer work. 5 15 minute resets later and one Bluetooth restart, still not working.

Best Answer

Thank you!!!! This has been driving me nuts. I can't believe I've been searching for the answer and doing all the recommended resets etc. and fitbit didn't ever bring this up. Disappointing!

Best Answer

I can never figure out how to tell if it’s on or off! Does the line mean off? 

Best Answer

That whole screen is a confusing, horrible mess of a UI, in my opinion.

DND is dim. Does that mean it's OFF (one might get reminders) or ON?

DND is bright. Does that mean it's OFF or ON?

DND is bright with a minus sign in a circle. Does that mean it's OFF or ON?

Ditto Sleep and Screen Awake.

Whatever happened to simply putting the words "ON" and "OFF", or even check marks to indicate ON, after these words/phrases followed by a colon?

E.g.

DND: OFF

Sleep: OFF

Screen Awake: ON

Is that so hard to do? (Note that the colons are needed so people don't think "DND ON" means "press here to turn DND ON" versus "DND is currently ON". That sort of confusion can be a real challenge when it comes to designing an intuitive UI.)

And if "Sleep: ON" disables DND and/or Screen Awake, just have those show up as "DND: N/A" and "Screen Awake: N/A", and I think most people would get the message without having to trawl through forums like this, make inferences based on the level of light of a portion of the display, etc.

Further, the online info I found says "When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it." Um, no; I see no line through any of these icons, even when dim. (It looks like there's an extremely dim such icon with a line through it; but that's not really legible even in a somewhat-dark inside room, nevermind when trying to figure out this stuff while outside in sunlight. So those icons seem like they're just background images. In general, devices like FitBits, designed to be actively used and viewed in a wide variety of lighting conditions, should never use dimming/brightening as a substitute for displaying actual useful information.)

It's especially weird that even the documentation doesn't simply include a table showing what each icon might look like, along with a simple explanation of what that means, per row.

But the fact that one is even needed is a strong indicator of a poor UI.

Best Answer

That is the misery of Fitbit Mysteries solved.  You think something was repaired during your hokey pokey dance and when you turn yourself about the dance starts over with a different result. 

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer

I did this and now my device started on 12:00 of the next day. However my cell & laptop show the correct info. I am beyond frustrated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried rebooting. Reminders to move still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes