Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not receiving notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone just start having trouble with their charge 3 not receiving texts or notifications? Tried everything. Turned off then On Bluetooth. Re sync charge 3 twice on my phone to my fit bit app. Anything else? It could be my phone too. It’s been giving me issues.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

i eventually gave up and bought a different watch. 

Best Answer

I feel like they need to get going and stand behind these!

Best Answer

I’ve had the charge 3 for a few years. I’m repeatedly having problems with notifications, I’ve spoken numerous times to tech support. The latest is that they know there is a problem and are 

working on it. I’ve herd that one before, at one point they sent me a new tracker.

I’ve spoken to REI to let them know that notifications don’t work. I’ve also told friends and family to avoid Fitbit. I’m afraid it’s always going to be a problem. I need a new tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have an iPhone 7plus and my Fitbit is not receiving notifications I checked settings in both the phone and on the Fitbit app and I’ve enable and disable and then re started everything and I’m still not receiving notifications . Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes
HI
I have the charge 3 and an iPhone XR.
Fitbit has been having notification issues for over a year. The problem is on their side and they are aware of it. I was told a year ago that they knew it was an issue and were working on a solution.
A year later and I still have the same problem, no notifications.
You can try and call them ‭(877) 623-4997 but I have tried that and they just run me through the same trouble shooting problems that never work.
I have a fiend who works at REI and I told her to let the manager know that the charge 3 has notification problems. They shouldn’t say that it receives notifications when it doesn’t.I just spoke with Fitbit they have a work around I’ll send it to you when they send it to me or you can call. They say the problem is with the new IOS version and they are working with Apple but I’ve herd that line before. This is an email with the work around. Since they know it was a problem if the link doesn’t work give them a call and good luck
Hi Greg,

Thanks for troubleshooting your notifications issue with us. Before you can receive notifications from your phone on your Fitbit device, it’s important that you carefully review and update your notifications settings on your iPhone.

*******The required settings changed with the introduction of iOS 13.
*******Please make sure you follow all instructions in help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979#iOS_quicktips

We hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Shamar-I and the Fitbit Team

--
Reply directly to this email to update your case. #34441516

Join the growing Fitbit Community ! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi gwando,

thank you for the information I really appreciate it. Wow I wish I would have known this because if I did I would not have purchased this . I will try the link you provided. Again thank you and I have my fingers crossed they will come up with something .

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is an ongoing problem every time iPhone does an up grade. Fitbit support puts you through the wringer every time relying on customers to fix the problem when actually they should fix the problem but won’t. I’ve even got senior tech support emailing me taking no responsibility for the problem they just keep sending me the same trouble shooting BS that doesn’t work. I also notified REI. sales people that they need to inform customers that notifications doesn’t work. They’ve hit the big time but actually have crappy issues that they hide and are actually JUST another company that screws the customers. They should say that they know it’s a problem and are working on it but they’re cowards hiding behind a mound of troubleshooting BS.

Best Answer
0 Votes