Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not recording full nights sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received this Charge 3 for Christmas and got it up and running yesterday. Last night I fell asleep around 11:15 pm est but woke up about 2:00 to use the bathroom and get a drink of water. This morning the Charge 3 readout only recorded my sleep from 2:15 to 7:30! and there is no other recording for my prior time before using the bathroom. I am at a loss.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

It's great to welcome you @1KM.

Keep in mind that your tracker will register your sleep if you are actually sleeping, if you wake up in the middle of night, your Charge 3 will recognize this since you are not sleeping anymore. You can always edit your sleep information by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change my sleep history?.

See you around. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't want to manually set my sleep start and stop - I bought a fitbit so I didn't have to.  

From another post as this is a suggestion for Fitbit to change the algorithms. --Solution does not work..  I've used fitbits for the last 3 years, currently with a charge 3.  Unfortunately, I now have to get up twice a night to go to the bathroom and my fitbit loses track of the sleep I've already had.  I do think that the algorithm should include 2 or 3 minutes of movement such as going to the bathroom as restless time.  Especially during nighttime.  Some nights it doesn't even show me as having slept at all - and I've done all the tweaks/resets recommended..

Best Answer

It's great to see you here @irsandy.

Thanks for troubleshooting this sleep issue. If your Charge 3 isn't registering your complete sleep information, I recommend trying the following:

1. Make sure to not take off your tracker during the night.
  2. Do you remember being awake during the night. If yes, that solves it! If no, proceed to step three.
  3. Restart the tracker. See instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?.
  4. Confirm that the tracker is snug on your wrist (with an HR tracker, the lights shouldn't be visible).
  5. Try sleeping with the tracker on your non-dominant hand.
  6. If setting was set to sensitive please switch it to normal.
  7. If steps 1-6 do not solve the issue, I suggest manually edit the sleep log to reflect the time slept. See instructions in How do I change my sleep history?.​

Let me know the outcome. Man Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a variation of this. I'm an Old Guy and have to go to the bathroom about 3 times a night.  Previously, and with the Charge 2, I always got credit for 1 continuous sleep session. Now a fair percentage of sleep is not being recorded, usually after the 1st bathroom break.  There seems to be some kind of time limit before the tracker registers you have being out-of-bed finished with your night's sleep.

Best Answer

BS. That basically just confirms it doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I drink so much water that I usually get up 3 times a night. My fitbit shows them as awake times and continues with my sleep log for the night.

I am grateful that it works well. Maybe it was a software upgrade? Many of the posts were made a while ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes