Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not showing current heart rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The heart rate monitor on my Charge 3 suddenly stopped working.  It still shows the resting heart rate, but the current heart rate is dark and does not show a reading.  It has been this way since yesterday afternoon.  I know there a lot of similar threads on this forum, but I do not have the time to wade through dozens of post searching for a solution that work.  If anyone knows of a solution that actually works, then please advise or provide a link.  PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

-- I have gone to "settings" and have verified that "Heart Rate" is ON.  

-- I have gone to "settings\about" and have rebooted my Charge 3.

-- I  deactivated the Heart Rate setting, rebooted my Charge 3, and then reactivated the Heart Rate Setting.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there @JESQG, thanks for stopping by. Thank you so much for taking the time to troubleshoot the heart rate of your Charge 3 prior to contacting us. Nice way to go! 

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here. Please keep an eye on your inbox, someone will be in touch with your shortly. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

I have also fiddled with the location of the Fitbit on my wrist.

Nothing I have done has resolved the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @JESQG, thanks for stopping by. Thank you so much for taking the time to troubleshoot the heart rate of your Charge 3 prior to contacting us. Nice way to go! 

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here. Please keep an eye on your inbox, someone will be in touch with your shortly. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I did receive a very quick response from your support team and we are working on a solution.  Thank-you.

Best Answer

You're very welcome @JESQG😉

Let me know if you need anything else in the future, I'm always around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get this working and if so, how. I am having the same problem and have tried all the posted solutions. I’m ready to return mine and give up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @MiMitampa, welcome on board. I'm sorry to hear you've experienced this with your Charge 3. I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I have the same issues. I’ve restarted, turned everything on, even turned sleep sensitivity on high. And I still haven’t a heart rate. Also moved the Fitbit in different spots and different tightnesses . Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BeardJohnson, welcome on board. I'm sorry for the late response. Thank you so much for troubleshooting the heart rate on your Charge 3 prior to contacting us. 

Since none of the steps worked, I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My heart rate has also stopped working. I have done all the troubleshooting tips and still not working. Hopefully someone can help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was still under warranty so they are sending me a new tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JenniferMaree, welcome on board. Thanks for the steps you've tried so far in order to fix the Charge 3's heart rate monitor.

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have received my replacement Charge 3 in the mail a few days ago and this one also isn’t reading my heart rate. I have read different ways to wear it and it still doesn’t work. Also doesn’t read my sleep which is the half of why I wanted one. Currently I have it at 1” above wrist bone tight enough where it doesn’t flop around. Any idea whT I should do? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This "Best Answer" is not an answer! (I have this problem also...and so does my wife - both are Charge 3 and we are doing a trial of the added service for heart rate monitoring.)

thanks,

Jim

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also experiencing exactly what everyone else has described. There is no solution listed, only people being passed to Support. How are we to correct this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 is showing HR on my wrist but it is not downloading it on to my app / phone what's the fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes