Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not showing up on phone's Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was recently given a Charge 3 by a friend, as she couldn't get it to re-sync with her phone and had gotten a replacement. We still can't get it to sync to any device or account, even though it's been forgotten from her phone's Bluetooth. Have tried everything from restarting to clearing user data to force restarting the app, etc. It doesn't seem to be detected as a Bluetooth device by anything. When we try to sync it in the app on either account, it says it found the device but gets stuck at connecting before it gives up and tells me to try again. I've even contacted support with no dice, they can't replace it since it'd already been replaced by the previous owner. I'm on a last ditch effort before I just throw the thing away, and I can't afford a new one.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RustMan  if Fitbit deemed the device worth replacing, it seems they feel that there is something wrong with the Charge 3. You should have her Fitbit out of range when you try to set up. What it's doing now for you, that's what it was doing that caused your friend to get the replacement? Chances are there is no fix for this.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @RustMan  if Fitbit deemed the device worth replacing, it seems they feel that there is something wrong with the Charge 3. You should have her Fitbit out of range when you try to set up. What it's doing now for you, that's what it was doing that caused your friend to get the replacement? Chances are there is no fix for this.

Best Answer

Thanks for the response @Odyssey13 . I do agree that it's probably an unfixable problem. I'll probably save up a bit and see if I can get a new fitbit since this one can't be replaced. Based on it not showing up on any device I think it's a hardware issue, which seems fairly common with this model.

Best Answer

@RustMan  it was worth a shot, but sad it didn't work for you. There are new styles coming out even now and you might want to keep an eye on sales. Meanwhile, you can still have the Fitbit experience with Fitbit MobileTrack app.   click to learn more

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar problem. After using the Charge 3 device for 10 days some syncing issues started. I went through the trouble shooting recommendations: restarted devices, after update of Fitbit app, my IPhone 12 stopped to show charge 3 in Bluetooth list. Reset of network setting did not help.

android devices show my charge 3 in their lists

Best Answer
0 Votes

Experienced similar issues as well with IPhone 12 and Charge 3. Noticed problems after a Fitbit update in August 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my charge 3 and iPhone 11 after the last Fitbit update.

Best Answer