Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with S7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 was synced fine with my Samsung s7 but suddenly won't sync. I tried unpairing and re pairing but it wont pair now. I tried with my old iPhone and it won't pair with that either. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62
I don't understand why those things haven't helped as mine now syncs fine
with my S7. For me, delinking the Charge 3 from my Furniture account and
then linking it again was what made the difference.
Best Answer
Thank you for your thoughts. I don't have power saving mode on but location wasn't on on the app so have turned on and will see how it goes. Thanks again.

Mel.
Best Answer
What does 'delinking from my furniture account' mean please?

Mel.
Best Answer
I'm still having trouble with my synching - I'm barely looking at my app now because I just get frustrated that it's not synched which defeats the purpose of having it.
Even though it's set for 'All-Day Sync', it will only synch if I specificially click on 'Synch Now' and it will usually do it after a few attempts but sometimes not at all. At times it will tell that the last synch was 2 days before.

Please help me get this sorted as I am not enjoying my charge 3 at the moment because of the problems.
My phone is a Huawei P20 light.

Mel.
Best Answer

Did the new firmware update.  App said it failed but tracker and app have the new firmware id.  The tracker stopped syncing.  Did everything you listed.  Tried to pair. After inputting the new tracker code it just says connecting.  Rebooted both and deleted charge 3 from app.  Tried again and still stalled at pair your tracker.  What do I do?

Jerry

Best Answer

Hi Mel, sorry - it can be very frustrating, especially since so many things can impact performance that are not related to tracker (phone, app settings etc.) - sometimes it's tough to figure out what can be the cause of the problem. Let's check few other things... Do you have Always Connected and Keep-Alive Widget enabled? (To check, tap on tracker icon in the top right corner of the Fitbit app and scroll down - they're right on the bottom). If they're not enabled - do so and see if it makes a difference. If Keep-Alive Widget is already enabled - try to disable it and see if it makes a difference. Also, in phone settings need to make sure that Fitbit app has all necessary permissions. To do so go to phone setting, find Apps - tap on it. Scroll down till you find Fitbit - tap on it. Scroll down to App settings -> Permissions. Tap on it and make sure all permissions are enabled. There's also the article from Fitbit that has additional information. If all else fails, try to contact Customer Service for further assistance (I assume you went through the cycle of deleting charge 3 from the linked devices, then reinstalling it, deleting the app and reinstalling it, rebooting the device and restarting the tracker at the same time.... Customer Service will ask you to go through these steps anyway unless you've done them already and they didn't resolve your issue). 

Best Answer

I have restarted my Charge3 multiple times and it is still not syncing. Very disappointing.

Best Answer
Try disconnecting it from the Fitbit app and then reconnecting again as if
it was a new device. That worked for me and I haven't had problems since
Best Answer
Thank you for your reply - I have done this a number of times and it works for a day or so then stops working again! Very frustrating!

Mel.
Best Answer

I have the same experience with my Note 8 😕

Best Answer

@Jerry747 did you ever get your issue solved? Mine is having the same issue today. I unpaired it and tried to reset it up and it just won't finish the setup after I put it the new tracker code they give you on the fitbit. 
Best Answer

Hi everybody thanks for reaching out the Forums. If you keep having syncing issues, please check this article with the Fitbit requirements and syncing steps to try: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope this helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all the things suggested on the link but to no avail. When I got onto the app (which is set to all day synch), it may even say that the last synch was 2 days previously. I will manually try to synch at this point and eventually it will work but after anything from 5 minutes to 5 hours, including when I am well out of range of my car bluetooth system.

I has just synch now but have to be in the app and manually pressing the synch button for it to happen and invariably there is a long delay. Next time is does this I will screen shot and post.

Mel.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to sync after clearing user data on the device, everything else didn't work, lost two weeks of data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you clear user data please? Do you mean you lost fitbit data?

Mel.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried emailing back with an attachment to show my synch which is set up for all-day synch but hadn't synched for 24 hours but it woudn't let the reply be posted, presumable because of the attachment. Please could you give me an address that I can send the attachment to to highlight my issue.

You're glad that we are 'reaching out to the forum' but not actually solving the problem for us!

Regards,

Mel.
Best Answer
0 Votes
On the device swipe all the way to the right "Settings"->"About"->"Clear
User Data". You'll lose your data that is on the device since the last
successful sync.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, thanks. Mel.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up calling Fitbit and it turns out that mine isn't syncing well as I have a Huawei phone which does not have very good compatibility with the Charge 3 which is very frustrating as I was not told this at any point when I was choosing my Fitbit. So I just have to lump it, and I've been told no chance of a refund for a product that basically doesn't work with the phone I have. Their solution was to use the Fitbit app on my laptop rather than my phone which rather defeats the purpose of having this 'easy to access' information.
Mel.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Updating it is even worse, it's a nightmare!

Best Answer
0 Votes