Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking any steps, heart rate or stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Im having a problem with my Fitbit charge 3.

It was working fine until yesterday i noticed rapid battery drain so i charged it before bed, wore it to bed and waking up in the morning the battery was depleted. upon charging it again now it tracks nothing, no steps, no stairs, no sleep, no heart rate (even heart rate lights at the back are off). It is syncing but no tracking is happening. I have tried

1. rebooting (over 10 times) both using the tracker under "about"  menu and using the 8 second method while charging cable is connected.

2. I have cleared user data and re-paired the tracker to the app, but still nothing. it syncs but does not track any activity.

another issue i have notice as am typing this is that when you try to raise your hand to check the time, the screen doesn't come on automatically as normal. you have to press the button to view the time.

kindly help as i don't know what else to try and have been on the forums all day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Contact support to see what your options are. Use help at the top of the forums

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Contact support to see what your options are. Use help at the top of the forums

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I have owned two Charge 3's. My second Charge 3 is a replacement one after the original one went haywire during the warranty period. Now the second one also experienced problems with, in order, black screen, rapidly changing screen, and, now most upwardly, ridiculously high heart rates. I have tried everything recommended on the community as well as by the helpline to Fitbit. Nothing has worked. Fitbit offers me 35% off buying a new Fitbit product. I don't think this meets the need for dealing with a defective technology. I am reluctantly moving toward purchasing a completely separate fitness tracker from another company. There are quite a few highly recommended products that are considerably cheaper and do the same things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @cbwc Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you for reaching out to our Support Team and for the troubleshooting steps you tried. I understand how you are feeling and I'd like to let you know that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process, since definitely it helps to continue working on improvements to our services and products. 

On a side note, I was able to see that our Support Team is currently working with you. If you still have additional questions or inquiries, please note that you can let them know and they will be glad to continue assisting you. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes