Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought my Fitbit Charge 3 on Saturday. Tracked my sleep first night, hasn’t since for last 3 nights. Have to keep putting it on charger and restarting. Few hours later it appears on watch and phone. Can’t keep doing this! Any ideas?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512
Hi
I attached mine to the charger, pressed the button on the side for 15 seconds. The screen goes black, remove from charger then attach again straight away. It’s worked fine ever since. I didn’t realise at first that you have to go in to the app daily to see the sleep, then it shows on the device, so try that first. I thought it would just show on the screen without the app. Hope this helps.
Best Answer

Same problem here, worked first night but no sleep stages and then no sleep tracking since. I tried what Adelas suggested this morning by entering manual times and the app populated including sleep stages.

Best Answer

Very frustrating having problems with my charger 3 since 12/9/18 not tracking sleep, steps, daily activities. The tracker will sync maybe once a day or not, then revert back to 3-4 days and none of the data is correct. I’ve done the updates, rebooted, plug into USB on my laptop and/or outlet and no success. 

Any more suggestions, this is very frustrating. Thanks

Best Answer

Hi Carol

There's no data over USB only power. Have you tried forcing synch via the website or from your phone using Bluetooth?

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
Best Answer

Thanks for the reply I have tried ftom

the iohone using the Bluetooth and understand the USB is only the power source and no data. 

Will try force syncing from the website and keep you posted. Thanks 

Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 3 is not reading my sleep or my steps. I have tried all the tips that have been mentioned. Now what? Mine took an app “clean up” and now nothing but issues.

Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 3 is not reading my sleep or my steps. I have tried all the tips that have been mentioned. Now what? Mine took an app “clean up” and now nothing but issues.

Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 3 doesn’t track sleep properly either. Very frustrating. What’s the fix?  Should I return it and forget about it working? I’ve read all the comments here and have tried all the fixes. None work.  Suggestions?

Best Answer

I know this is so many months late but did it finally get fixed I'm having the same exact issue

Best Answer

Last night the dog woke me around midnight I took him out and pottied him about 12:15. My Fitbit 3 said I went to sleep at around 12:25 completely missing the sleep I had before the dog woke me. The FitBit 2 would have at least shown two different sleep times. I have also noticed the setting seems it’s more “sensitive” but I don’t see where to set the sensitivity. Also I don’t get the time for sleep notifications I got for the FitBit 2 even though I keep checking and the box is ticked to alert me to sleep. 

Glad they at least added more clock faces. 

Best Answer

Hi, well I do have problems from time to time but I make sure that I’ve got good battery charge, ensure that it’s paired with my Bluetooth. I sync also with MyFitnessApp so I also make sure that’s syncing as well. Sometimes none of that works together but I just persevere and it corrects itself. Not sure if it’s more luck than judgement but I have less problems now!
Good luck Keith

Sent from Keith's iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Yes, mines fine now. I did the long reset. Attach to charger, press button for 15 seconds, disconnect, then reconnect to charger. Mine has worked fine since I did this. Obviously only shows when you connect to the app. 

Best Answer
I've had that happen sometimes. To set the sensitivity you must log on to
the website, not the app. Good luck. I've come to view the sleep mode now
more as a novelty rather than any kind of real data.
Best Answer

@Chrisp1 @So I have found that I can change the sensitivity on the Apple app but not on my Android app.  Same version on both but completely different features.  I can't add a device on my Android but I can on my Apple.   My Apple also syncs no issues... My Android still is not connecting.  So I can at least get my data extracted onto my iPad.  Just can't get my phone data to my watch. 

Best Answer

I as well!  Waited for it to come out and nothing is tracked but steps and time!!!

Best Answer

Charge 3 ORIGINALLY synched with no problems.

Then I changed clock face and activity and sleep data went missing! Time on Fitbit also is 20 minutes slower than time on phone by about 20 minutes.

Charge 3 is RECOGNIZED, but won't PAIR or SYNC with Galaxy 9.

I have done the following...

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit app.

2. Turned Samsung S9 phone and Fitbit off and on.

3. Was partially able to download info to friend's phone, but sleep data didn't appear and time was still wrong.

PLEASE HELP! Thinking of returning. too!

THANK YOU. 

Best Answer

I am

also having the sleepmtracking and syncing issue. I have also tried the resets. Fitbit? Answer yet?

Best Answer
No!

Still not showing on watch and often having to restart watch to get it to
show!
Best Answer

Mine has been fine since doing the long reset. It only shows on the watch after I’ve logged in to the app, which is a pain but seems that’s the way it is. 

Best Answer