Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought my Fitbit Charge 3 on Saturday. Tracked my sleep first night, hasn’t since for last 3 nights. Have to keep putting it on charger and restarting. Few hours later it appears on watch and phone. Can’t keep doing this! Any ideas?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

@MarreFitbit 

Thank you for yet another cookie cutter reply. Don't you think we've all already done this many times? BTW you missed changing the sensitivity mode or do we have to wait another month before you suggest that?

Please just get your team to wake up, pay attention to what you are being told, acknowledge the reported problems and undertake to do something about them?

Oh yes! I did do all this again and my Charge 3 still says "Sleep Not Tracked" yes it is see my posts.

Update: Yesterday I suggested that when calculating sleep times Fitbit 'lost' the first three hours of sleep. So today I just moved the start time Fitbit determined back 3 hours

1) As determined by Fitbit

Screenshot_20190301-075929.png

2) Start time moved back 3 hours

Screenshot_20190301-080029.png

3) Start time moved back another 3 hours to confirm the awake/asleep transitsion

Screenshot_20190301-080150.png

So possibly a simple fix for you if your sleep record is 'truncated' like mine has been since I moved to an HR device.

Will they fix it probably not. Possibly the problem they have is the poor managment of their development teams. This problem isn't the device or the app its the back office part of the dashboard where these sleep segements are determined. If you are able to work with the .JSON files and take a look at a sleep record and you'll see all the sleep segments recorded.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well said! I’ve sent mine back now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Believe it or not but after 3 long resets i got sleep data 3 nights  in a row,  I Cross my fingers......

Best Answer
0 Votes

took me a half dozen times resetting the blue tooth before I finally synced this morning.  Than it said I went to bed at 6:45pm, when I know it was more like 8:00pm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like the marathon sync I had to do this morning, but I got sleep data after lots of sync and resync

Something feels not right anyhow..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a long reset last night.  Still didn’t get sleep data and sync-img was a problem this morning. It took me an hour before it agreed to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent..this night I was asleep 30 mins..😋 according to Fitbit tracker, 

I have tried all Magic Trix Fitbit have suggested in this forum, Should we really have to do a Long reset every day??????

Best Answer

Even a long reset doesn’t work for me 😞. Perhaps you aren’t getting any sleep because you are awake worrying about your Fitbit not working ? 🤫

Best Answer

This is unfair, it should be Fitbit company hackers that should be awake trying to solve problems with Fitbit Charge 3

😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you mean you did the reset 3 times in a row at same time, or reset 3 nights in a row? Mine either doesn’t track at all or splits it into separate days.... it claims I’ve already slept tonight at 9 in the morning......

Best Answer
0 Votes

I made 3 long  reset 3 times in a row at same time

Best Answer
0 Votes
wanna know something funny???
I checked my sleep data one morning. it said I slept til 430 am. funny thing was that it was only 330 am at the time I checked! how could that be?!!!
and yes, I was wearing my glasses, thanks for asking!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @SunsetRunner and @Lymmeln! I'm glad to hear that your Charge 3 started tracking your sleep data. Please ping me out if you need further assistance. 

Hey there @tangerinedogs! I've seen that you're in touch with our Customer Support Team. Keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions. 

Thanks for the information provided @SunsetRunner! I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Hello there @AveysG! If your data is not being synced correctly, please see this post for further troubleshooting steps. 

Hi @fbanon and @KimM5263! I suggest to manually log sleep to reflect the time slept. See instructions in How do I change my sleep history?

Hope you have a nice day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but the fun was over after 3 days so now it tell me I slept around 30 mins...HA HA that is no way so bad back to drawing board....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Moderator.  Yes, I am in touch with your Customer Support Team. However, the issue still hasn’t been resolved 

i have edited my original response because it now appears that my issue has been escalated. 

I look forward to a satisfactory resolution 

Best Answer

My sentiments EXACTLY!

Best Answer

Great Suggestion! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your post. FitBit finally acknowledging there is a
problem... a BIG problem. Twitter, here I come!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Doubletop does this mean I don’t have to switch wrists,  change sensitivity, do a short reset, try a long reset, stand on my head and count to 10 today! What am i going to do with all this extra time 😁 I wonder who they have confirmed it’s a known issue to, certainly not this forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nicked  I got mine then too, as TSV. I called customer services and told them it wasn’t monitoring sleep and wouldn’t sync, they asked if I wanted replacement or refund, guess which I chose?? They even sent me a label to return it. Although I did sent mine as special delivery, cost over £7 but at least I could claim for the full amount if it went missing. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes