Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not working when off the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 went completely blank, I've had it for about 2 weeks.There is no functionality unless it has been hooked up to a charger whereby I'm given a smiley face then the battery just flashes with no indication that it is charging. As soon as i disconnect the charger it completely dies again?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

A warm welcome to the Community @NatsEmma.

Have you tried to restart your tracker? If you haven't, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, i have this exact same problem. 

I have done

1) restarted 8secs.

2) long restart 15secs

3) reinstall fitbit app

4l removed and relinked charge 3 with phone. 

As soon as i take the tracker off the charger it does nothing :

1) side button unresponsive

2) tap screen or tilt unresponsive, in fact screen won't switch on

3) it won't sync unless plugged into charger

4) battery shows 100% (can only see this when plugged into charger). 

Help, please. 

Best Answer

EXACT same problem and I even bought a new charger to make sure that wasn't the issue....I see this problem has not been resolved...obviously something is going on because the battery symbol flashes only for second on the charger and it looks like the screen is messed up when it does that then the second you take it off of the charger NOTHING 

Best Answer

That is my problem as well.. how to resolve the issue. Please advise.

Best Answer

I’ve had the same issue!!! I got my Charge 3 about 2 weeks ago(purchased via QVC) & have tried everything! Just wondering if you got your issue resolved at all? Or got it replaced? As of right now I’m still using my Charge 2 although the HR function has completely died but everything else is tracking normally! I just want my new Charge 3 to work so if and when my Charge 2 finally dies I can use it! I’m beyond frustrated in trying to get it to work! If anyone can help! Thanks 

Best Answer

I bought mine through Amazon.

Amazon had a step by step guide on how to try to fix the issues, which I tried, to no success. So I called Amazon customer help, they put me straight through to FitBut customer help who agreed to a replacement there and then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue and have followed the steps. Anything else I can do?

Best Answer
I bought mine via Amazon, used their call centre and they arranged a replacement from Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

C'mon you know you have a back-end software issue with multiple malfunctions - from the device not working at all to battery drainage issues to display problems, yet you offer these useless 'fixes'. It's affecting thousands of users globally. You make us dig for hours on your community boards to fix the issues ourselves - that you know DON'T WORK! My device has been useless for two weeks now, and I've tried EVERYTHING. I have a $149 piece of junk.

Best Answer

Just like many others I’m having the same issues with my Charge 3. I’ve tried all of the possible fixes with no success. I replaced the 2 with the 3 last year as I had done with the 1 the previous year. Although I have ordered a the 4, I still want my 3 working so that I can give it to my son. Something is wrong with this model and you should be resolving it before you lose customers. 

Best Answer

I've done all the rebooting that I can do and it still doing the same thing. Please respond.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem as these others, first my time was wrong then I rebooted and the smiley face came on but when I unplugged it it went black and died , I have done this several times I need some advice

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exact same problem I have restarted my charge 3 but when I take it off charge it does not work. Side button unresponsive as well
Best Answer
Mine is still broke I just ordered a new one. Sorry not much help.😁
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sprint Phone.I had to replace it with a new. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yestergay my charge 3 just stopped working without the charger. Reading all these posts with the same issue i wonder if i should even spent 1 penny for a fitbit device. 149 dollar for 1 1/2 years working device is a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes