Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 over estimating my active minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 has over estimated my activity for the last two days. It is saying I have done 350+ active minutes which is not true. My most days are approx 150. 

It has also exported these minutes to be when I was sleeping or my most least active. 

How do I resolve this, my cal content for today is similar to other days so I’m very confused. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome on board @Steph8603, it's nice to see you around here! Sorry to hear that your tracker is overcounting your active minutes. Your tracker will count active minutes based on the movement it detects and your heart rate. The movement could be caused due to driving/riding public transportation and you mentioned that your tracker is sensing a higher heart rate. Start by cleaning the back of your tracker with cotton and rubbing alcohol then restart your deviceThere are situations in which your arm may move but you won't be actually walking. This may happen when you are playing the drums, burping a baby or clapping. It can also happen when driving. You can negate these steps by logging a driving activity. You can try wearing your tracker on your non dominant hand but select that hand as dominant on the tracker’s settings to make it less sensitive to movement. Finally check these suggestions to improve the heart rate reading.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a charge 3 today and I have noticed that too. I was walking in a store and it counted it as active minutes. Same thing happened when I was getting ready for bed. My old flex 2 didn’t do this and I returned the versa for having issues but I only encounted this issue with one. Is something going on? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  Fitbit counted 56 minutes last night around midnight to 1 am and night before last 26 minutes around the same time; I was sleeping so no way given my resting heart rate is 62 on average.  Something is wrong and Fitbit needs a software update soon please. @Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. I have gone from an average of about 90 minutes to over 450 the past couple of days with my Charge 3. Nothing has changed on my end. Please help, FitBit!

Best Answer