Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 quick view isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is less than a month old & the time, etc stopped showing when I turn my wrist towards me. How do I get this to work again? Now I have to tap the side of the watch to get it to show me anything.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

It's great to see you around @Horseylady.

If the quick view option isn't working in your Charge 3, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I tried to restart and the quick view is still not working.  Any advice?  I did the update yesterday and I have been having a few problems since then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me! My charge 3 would only vibrate when I tried to access the quick menu. It's working fine now after restart.

Thank you!

Best Answer

I figured it out! Hold the haptic or home button for a couple of seconds until the wake icon shows and turn it on. For some reason mine had turned off.

Best Answer

Worked for me.  Thanks for the easy solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate the information provided, it's great to know that your trackers are now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Happy stepping! Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same problem, and turned out I had turned quick view off.

The location of this setting is not user friendly at all.  The tracker as a dedicated “Settings” app, and more tracker settings can be accessed from the Fitbit app. But “Screen Wake” is obscured behind another “settings” pane that only appears when you hold the side button down.

How are users supposed to figure this out? Why isn’t this setting just with the rest of them under “Settings”?

Best Answer

Great to see you here @akowalz.

I appreciate the feedback provided about the quick view feature and think that your idea is great. I took the liberty and searched for a request like this but didn't find any. Feel free to visit our feature suggestions board and share this.

Let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I've submitted a feature suggestion to move the "Screen Wake" setting to the Settings app on the tracker.

If you also had difficult finding this setting, considering voting/commenting on that suggestion.

Best Answer

Can not get screen back to clock. Tried changing and holding button for 8 secs. Nothing. Ready to return. So frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Jersey_jersey, welcome to the Community.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this stuck issue by yourself. Please confirm you followed these steps in order to restart your tracker:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so frustrated that this keeps happening. I have done all of the  steps you suggested and It is not correcting the problem of making quick display turn on/off. I am very close to leaving fitbit altogether due to this constant issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I can’t believe it’s that hard to find. Ridiculous. But you helped me. Silly someone from FitBit didn’t even know that. Yikes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you !!!  IT WORKED right away.... !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!! That actually worked! 😁😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Dessi.

I am glad to hear that the instructions provided worked and that your tracker is now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I could use some help getting with Quick View to work. Charge 3, Version 28.200001.63.5. I have re-booted, updated software, made sure Screen Wake was on...

What else can I do?

Many thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ha! This was my problem... wow, what an un-inuitive design for such a common and basic feature! Just switched from a Charge 2 to a Charge 3, so I spent lots of time trying to locate quickview on the app (not the device!)... my old eyes can barely READ the tiny print on the screen to even figure out what it said!

Best Answer

worked for me, thank you so much!!!!

Best Answer