Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 "Sleep not tracked"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Fitbit Charge 3 for almost 2 weeks, wearing it consistently, however the sleep tracker has never worked (nor has the water indictor). It is a new device, all updates are current, I have tried manually syncing and restarting the Fitbit but despite the app showing sleep details, my Fitbit Charge continues to show “sleep not tracked”.  I have read numerous “solutions” on here but none appear to work. Is it time to get my money back?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

the "best" answer was a non answer.....my sleep has been tracked just fine for months and then all of the sudden "sleep not tracked".....ive restarted, deleted and redownloaded the app....both multiple times....still says sleep not tracked.

Best Answer

The problem of not tracking sleep is a permanent flaw with the Charge 3. I have been complaining and begging for a resolution from both the Fitbit Community and Technical Support team since January of 2019. After months of pleading for a fix, and reading thousands of posts from Charge 3 Community members, it became clear that FitBit has no solution. A FitBit technical support Team member ultimately told me that the sleep tracking feature is not that important. I noted to him that FitBit touts the Sleep stages feature as a remarkably accurate feature for the importance of understanding one’s sleep habits. He said, “No, this is a fitness tracker. Now FitBit is releasing the Charge 4. Let us all avoid falling into another Fitbit fraudulent scam. There are plenty of other fitness trackers created by reputable companies. 

Best Answer

This is really strange - my watch wasn't showing water, exercise days or sleep and then one day it started doing it. Then, it got stuck on "Sleep Not Tracked" .... but I just updated my water for today on my laptop dashboard and the watch updated itself including sleep! So weird! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same problem.

I have followed all the solutions suggested throughout the article, but NONE of them have worked.

I get that if the charge 3 syncs with a device sleep is logged there, BUT i want to be able to use the feature of the Charge3 and be able to see my sleep on the device itself!

The Sync process is also a PAINFUL experience and doesn't consistently work... meaning i often cannot sync my sleep or steps..

C'mon Fitbit! Make it work please!

Best Answer
I agree, my fitbit hardly ever syncs even if I go into the app to
deliberately sync. I've given over trying. The app is a waste of time for
me as mine never syncs. But pissed off really as the watch wasn't cheap. I
have no idea how it got so many rave reviews!
Best Answer

Same thing.  Sleep is registered on the iPhone App yet not in Charge 3.  What can I do?  Sleep tracking is very important for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me too!!! Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please tell me when this is going to be fixed? And how shall I proceed.  I bought mine on July 2019 loved it since except for the sleep traking on the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes