Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 "Sleep not tracked"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Fitbit Charge 3 for almost 2 weeks, wearing it consistently, however the sleep tracker has never worked (nor has the water indictor). It is a new device, all updates are current, I have tried manually syncing and restarting the Fitbit but despite the app showing sleep details, my Fitbit Charge continues to show “sleep not tracked”.  I have read numerous “solutions” on here but none appear to work. Is it time to get my money back?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @mipatterson! Thanks for the details provided about your sleep data not being synced.

While reading your post I was wondering if your sleep data was missing from the Fitbit Charge 3 or the Fitbit app after syncing? 

As you may know, sleep stages are based on heart rate data, so make sure that you're getting a solid heart rate reading , since sleep stages requires consistent HR. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, double check that your watch is charged up. 

Additionally, I'd recommend checking the following that could be preventing you from receiving sleep stages:

• If you used the "Begin Sleep Now" option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern. 

If after testing the above suggestions for the next couple of nights your Charge 3 is still not giving your sleep stages, I'd recommend doing the following steps:

1. Manually sync the tracker. See instructions in How do Fitbit trackers sync their data?
2. Restart your Fitbit device. See instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
3. Try sleeping with the tracker on your non-dominant hand. 
4. If steps 1-3 don't work, I suggest to manually log sleep to reflect the time slept. See instructions in How do I change my sleep history?

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
127 REPLIES 127

Are you saying that the sleep details show on the app, but on the tracker it says not tracked? 

I'm not sure why the tracker itself is saying that, but, for me at least, the main thing is that it is getting to the app and to the Fitbit database.  On the tracker itself, the most you could see is the amount of sleep for the past night, whereas on the app you can see stage details and history.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Yes, it shows on the app but not the tracker - my Flex 2 did this! I’ve now upgraded to a Charge 3, so I don’t think it’s too much to expect it to work!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @LapvolThanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Man Very Happy

Additionally, I'd recommend taking a look at the following articles:

Thanks a lot for trying to help @JohnnyRowSmiley Wink

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Same problem, with my new Fitbit 3

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @binualexander! Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this inconvenience. As soon as we have updates about this, we'll make sure to post them in this thread. 

As mentioned, our team is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding! 

Best Answer

Thank you, Support folks.
Appreciate your working on this.

Best Answer

Our pleasure @Larkster! I really appreciate your understanding while we work on this. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

If there's anything else I may assist you in the meantime, let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, please help! Brand new FitBit 3

Thanks for looking into this 🙂

Best Answer

Hey there @LaviniaM, welcome to this thread! I'm really sorry to hear you're having this inconvenience too. I've been reporting this to our team, as soon as I get any updates I'll post them here. 

Stay tuned and let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's working now! 🙂 excellent!

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit , I have had Charge 3 for about a week now. Have read the forums suggestions about 'sleep not tracked' on the Charge 3. None of them have worked for me. Are you able to get my account looked at in case it's something else? I've tried restarting the Charge 3 both through software and through plugged in and pressing button. Uninstalled app, unlinked Charge 3, reinstalled app, re-linked Charge 3. Also tried turning off and unlinking Charge 3 from Blutooth and then re-linking. Sleep is being tracked on my app and also on desktop, however, still shows 'sleep not tracked' on my Charge 3 device. Would appreciate some well informed advice.

Best Answer

Still "Sleep not tracked" on my Charge 3.
Really? ... is it suppose to work now?

Best Answer
So, it’s been 6 weeks since I bought my Charge 3 and the “sleep” is still not tracked in the watch. Is it really going to be “fixed” or should I return my device. So disappointed that a new device doesn’t do all that is promised!

Leesa
Best Answer

@MarreFitbiteven after Firmware update 1.49.45 - still 'sleep not tracked' status on Charge 3.

Have restarted both methods with and without charger.

Have synced many times (app is fine, device doesn't seem to work/show slept hours, just shows 'sleep not tracked').

Best Answer

I am having the same problem as well where sleep and water are not syncing on my new Charge 3 - it looks like this problem has been ongoing since late last year - any updates @MarreFitbit???

Best Answer

I can't track my sleep as well with the charge 3. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I have good news! My Charge 3 now shows the amount sleep in hours and minutes on my watch. From day one it has not worked, not mattter how many syncs, resets, app updates, device updates etc. It was so frustrating that something so simple had not worked from the start, yet clearly was showing in the App (only). Today, I had a sleep for about 1.5 hours and as after each sleep (even if less than 3 hours), I sync and pray and hope that it would show on my Charge 3. Sadly it did not show. Then I tried something that worked for me, try this and good luck!:

Open the Fitbit App on your phone.

Press the heart (it will open up the Heart rate screen).

For each day that shows horizontal dashes ie "----", press that day and allow it to load on the screen.

Go back (to the heart rate screen). The details won't show yet. But keep scrolling down and make sure you press on any horizontal dash that looks like it hasn't loaded.

Once you have pressed all the horizontal dashes, go back to the main App screen.

Then, go back into the Heart rate screen.

All the days you clicked that previously had horizontal dashes, should no longer show as horizontal dashes but actually heart rate lines.

Go back to the main App screen, then Sync.

..... let me know how it goes!

It's definately a syncing issue with the heart-beat. As it can't/hadn't sync'd the way it needs to, it seems to get stuck and prevent the sleep data from loading into your Charge 3. That's my guess.

Hope that mine continues to work :).. after 3 months of trying!!

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing ... 
I have no "-----" in FitBig app/Sleep.  
Sleep still not tracked even close to correctly - the status since I bought my Charge 3 end of November. 

Best Answer

Oh dear, after another nights sleep, it's reverted back to sleep not tracked, despite me doing the things I advised above. But at least I have a little more hope and know that it's possible. I was thinking maybe return my Fitbit for a new one of the same model. Boooo. Will keep people updated on any further success if consistent. 

Best Answer