Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 "Sleep not tracked"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Fitbit Charge 3 for almost 2 weeks, wearing it consistently, however the sleep tracker has never worked (nor has the water indictor). It is a new device, all updates are current, I have tried manually syncing and restarting the Fitbit but despite the app showing sleep details, my Fitbit Charge continues to show “sleep not tracked”.  I have read numerous “solutions” on here but none appear to work. Is it time to get my money back?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

I do believe an Apple Watch would have been the better choice for both of us! Shame.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit So this 'Sleep not tracked' fault has been going on for over a year without a concrete fix (I first experienced this issue in August 2018, and it is apparent that this issue is still plaguing unfortunate users)... Is it time to give up on Fitbit? If Fitbit developers are unable to resolve such a seemingly simple issue, can we really consider them as a viable option (or serious competitor) in the fitness tracker / smart watch market?

Best Answer

Hi.
My sleep is being tracked but not on the fitbit itself. It shows up on the
app.
Another issue that I am struggling with is syncing. If i don't do it
myself on the
app each night it won't sync and I don't get credit for that day.
Shouldn't it do it
automatically when I am near my phone at a certain time of day. Or do I
have to set
that up.
I also wish it would track kayaking as that is a frequent activity for me.

I do wish I had bought an Apple watch. From what I have heard they work
well.

--
Joie de vivre!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
Give up on it. I sent the tracker back to Fitbit. They gave me a full refund via a MasterCard prepaid card. I bought a Samsung watch instead. Works perfectly.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

My app sleep tracker works as you can view sleep stages but the charge 3 watch says "sleep not tracked"

Best Answer

I got Fitbit 3 for Christmas and the sleep showed on the decide the first night but now shows sleep not tracked, data on phone updated but disappointed the watch isn't updating the sleep data. Please confirm this is being looked into as it's frustrating for me and the buyer to have a blip on a brand new present!!! 

Best Answer

What is the time-frame for a solution to this issue?

Will this ever be solved?

Best Answer

I just bought my Charge 3 December 26, 2019 (almost a year after this thread was created) and my charge 3 shows sleep not tracked like the original post. After syncing and resetting,  it still says sleep not tracked on the device while the app shows all the sleep tracked.  This is very frustrating that this is still an ongoing issue a year after it was brought to the attention of the company. Very disappointed 

Best Answer

VERY Unlikely. The service rep told me this was not a priority for FitBit. He also told me that they didn’t consider tracking sleep stages an important feature. They still market the Charge 3 sleep stage tracker as a highlighted feature. Dishonest.

Best Answer

Unconscionable of Fitbit. So many of my friends have decided to purchase in another market.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. It tracked sleep one day only on the fitbit. It show on my
phone but not on the Fitbit.
--
Joie de vivre!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi, I've just bought a Charge 3, one each for myself and my husband. Both are showing sleep in the app for the last few nights but saying sleep not tracked on the device. I've tried the restarts, syncing, our apps are up to date but it's still not showing. Is this fixable or should I return them as faulty as this seems to be an issue for several years.

Thanks 

Best Answer
Certainly that would be your call. Most of the other features work. I bought mine for tracking stairs and mainly for tracking sleep and sleep stages. 1 out 2 works. 🙄 I’ve had mine for a year. No fix in sight, but they still market the device as tracking sleep stages. It’s disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine doesn't work either. My first Inspire HR broke completely and I got a replacement for another Inspire HR that couldn't read sleep, and left a rash/bruise on both me and my mother. I replaced it for a Charge 3 which didn't hurt me, or leave a rash, but instead it decided it didn't want the sleep tracking to sync over to the Fitbit itself. The sleep tracking worker perfectly on the app, I have no problems with the heart rate tracker, I have synced so many times, and restarted both devices multiple times, turned bluetooth on and off, gone through the settings on my phone, and after all that and the hours I wasted doing it, the sleep still does not sync to my watch. I am not annoyed too much as I saved a lot on it, and everything else works fine, but I am scared that with the inconsistencies that won't be the case for long either. I wonder how annoying it is for companies to have to replace these constantly for customers. I have scrolled through countless forums, and this is just another dead end for me. Release an update that fixes this!

Best Answer

I'm cross-posting this across a few threads since this worked for me.  Thanks to other posters who helped me solve this!

My Charge 3 and iOS app did not give me a sleep score for the first week.  I made the following changes and now I've had a sleep score consistently for the past week. Here is what I did:

1. Clear all prior data/links - I erased the Fitbit program on my desktop computer, erased the bluetooth connection from my iPhone to the Fitbit, cleared data and restarted the Fitbit using the Settings menu (Settings -> About -> Clear User Data & Reboot).  Now, I do not use the Windows 10 Fitbit app at all.

2. iPhone to Fitbit - set up a bluetooth connection to Fitbit 

3. iPhone Fitbit App Settings - (i) Turn off "All-day sync" (the sync will occur when you turn on the Fitbit app); (ii) Set your Target sleep schedule (i.e., 9pm-6am).

4. Sleep Score - When I wake up, I open the app and the iPhone and Fitbit sync, download info to the app, and analyze/calculate a sleep score.  I did notice that the 1st time I turn on the app each day, it has a hard time sync'ing, but if I wait a few minutes, the sync will occur the 2nd/3rd times I open the app.

Note: When going to sleep, DO NOT turn on the "Begin Sleep Now" feature in the app.  Seems counterintuitive, but I read it in these forums and it worked.  Now I just go to sleep, and now everything works fine.

Best Answer

Thanks triax37 for sharing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I followed the above steps anyway,  more or less...

1. I uninstalled the Fitbit app from my phone and then cleared data and restarted the Charge 3 using the Settings menu (Settings -> About -> Clear User Data & Reboot).

2. Re-installed the Fitbit app from Play store and enabled all the location and notification options when prompted.

I had previously setup Sleep Goal of 7h 30m with Target Sleep Schedule Bedtime/Wake-Up Times configured, as had been mentioned elsewhere as a possible hang up, and they were still set per my account.

Now where it used to say "Sleep not tracked" I see 5h23m which was my sleep from last night! (Yes I know, not enough!).

Time will tell if it stays fixed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am facing a similar issue. The Fitbit app is tracking my sleep. But the devise display always says “sleep not tracked”. I have restarted the device and also synced it multiple times. 

I also see posts regarding this from Nov 2018. How come the bug has not yet been resolved on charge 3 even after 15 months 

Best Answer

Update

Since performing the steps I followed  as outlined in my previous post, the tracker has been updating with my hours slept. It is not automatic though. I have to open the app and allow it to sync my sleep from the tracker. Once the app analyzes and updates my sleep in the app, a second sync is required to push the number back to the tracker. At that point, when I scroll down to sleep not tracked it refreshes and shows the number in the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes