Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 registering too many floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Charge 3 for Christmas. It says I've done 41 floors, when really I've done 10-12. It isn't windy today. I don't sit by a fan. I've always loved Fitbit, and hope I didn't waste my money.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

A warm welcome to the Forums @katigrace.

Your device uses both an accelerometer and altimeter to track floors, and registers a floor when detecting continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet.

The Charge 3 may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. We recommend that you wear your device loosely during exercise.

If you want to remove floors from your account, I recommend following the instructions provide in the help article How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?. And please don't insert anything into the altimeter hole on your device.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not done a single floor and it registers at 13 floors.  I am very disappointed.  I only have 1000 steps as it is first thing in the morning.

Best Answer
It isn’t possible to delete or edit floors, so the suggestion to read the article about it is useless
Best Answer

Meaningless Canned answer

i got same answer on separate inquiries SEVERAL TIMES before to no avail. 
no amount of AP updates or firmware updates helps this issue. 

There is no support and no help for this hardware issue. Fitbit FAIL

charge 3 stairs simply do not work. 
Charge 2 was much more accurate 

charge 3 is minimum 10X-20X wrong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Meaningless Canned answer

i got same answer on separate inquiries SEVERAL TIMES before to no avail. 
no amount of AP updates or firmware updates helps this issue. 

There is no support and no help for this hardware issue. Fitbit FAIL

charge 3 stairs simply do not work. 
Charge 2 was much more accurate 

charge 3 is minimum 10X-20X wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes