Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 - reminders to move stopped and black line through screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

My Charge 3 has stopped giving me reminders to move. I have tried turning the reminders on and off and I have tried a reboot through the Fitbit settings. Any other reasons for this?

Also I have a black line through my Fitbit screen, I have tried changing the clock face but it’s still there.

Any suggestions??

Thanks Jessamy

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jessamy-g-fit.

Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Charge 3 before contacting us.

In addition to the regular restart, please perform a long restart by following the next steps:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this because I was having the same issue. I didn’t work. I’m still get getting notifications to move. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Swimmer54.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thanks for following our troubleshooting steps.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Unfortunately this didn’t work, I now have three black lines going through the screen and reminders to move still not working, can someone help?

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response @Jessamy-g-fit.

To evaluate this situation, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox over the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the line across my screen as well, across the bottom of the time with the clockface I've chosen. But I'm still getting reminders to move. I tried both the short and the long reset options listed here, and the line is still there.

Hope you can find a solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @KFit789.

I just sent this information to Customer Support. Please keep an eye on your inbox over the next days. They will get in touch with you soon. Thanks for your patience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stopped receiving notifications to move after an update. I cannot get them back despite several re-boots - long & short.  Also, now my Charge 3 doesn’t respond to tapping the screen 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @ChocGirl8.

Thank you for following our troubleshooting steps.

I would recommend removing your current reminders to move and set them up once again. For instructions, please visit this article.

Whether this doesn't help, you can set up your Fitbit Charge 3 as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for the advice, however, the reminders are still not working
I have also tried to set my Charge 3 as a replacement device and now I’m having problems syncing.

Julia
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response @ChocGirl8.

Our team has just released a new version of the Fitbit app (iOS 3.37 and Android 3.37.1). If you still don't see it, you should be able to update over the next days. For instructions, please visit this article, open the menu "How do I update the Fitbit app?" and follow the steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update is not available. My app says my Fitbit is up to date. However, I have the 3.36 version. It’s now over 2 weeks that my Fitbit Charge 3 isn’t notifying me to move. Very disappointed 

Best Answer

My Fitbit hasn’t done this since it’s ‘update’ ’I’ve tried several things suggested on here to no avail.

Julia
Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------------------------------

I am still not able to see that version of the app 

------------------------------------------------------

I haven’t got an app update available in my App Store either 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your responses @Swimmer54 @ChocGirl8.

If you still don't see the option to update your Fitbit app, you should be able to update over the next days.

Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My move reminder and my goal met vibration stopped working too.  Now the face doesn't light up well and I can't wake it up by tapping it anymore.  It loses the pairing to my phone constantly.  I need to preform a reboot it daily to sync it.  All of these issues started about 2 weeks ago. I believe my Charge 3 is approximately 2.5 years old.  In fact, both my husband and son's fitbits are the models prior to the versa and they have had their fitbits probably at least 5 years now.  My original Charge fitbit lasted only a 2 or 3 years too.  I love the Charge model because of it's face size but feel it should last longer than 2 or 3 years.  Very Disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community @kate523.

Thank you for the information provided and for the time you spent trying to resolve this issue.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a black line, the reminders to move aren't working on mine either and it's not syncing, despite going through all the steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Leoshade.

Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Charge 3 before contacting us.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support.

Feel free to contact us back at any time.

Best Answer
0 Votes