Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 saying Sleep is not tracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the Charge 3 for 5 days and even though my Fitbit states it is not taking sleep,  my android is collecting data from my sleep patterns????.

I tried restarting the fit bit but putting it on the charge and holding the button down didn't start the reboot process. It went to fitbit pay. Any ideas on why that is?

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

I find the restart process using the button a bit unreliable and fiddly, while others seem to find it works well. But the good news is there is an alternate way to do a restart on the Charge 3 as long as your screen works Ok (which yours seems to be). Go to the settings app on the watch and scroll down to About and then Restart.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi Nelly,

Yes, I did that first and restarted it. Didn't fix the issue though.

And another thing I miss is the motivation messages you would get on the charge 2! Just a small thing but nice to read first thing in the morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JaydeeTas wrote:

Hi Nelly,

Yes, I did that first and restarted it. Didn't fix the issue though.

And another thing I miss is the motivation messages you would get on the charge 2! Just a small thing but nice to read first thing in the morning.

If the tracker says sleep is not tracked but the data shows on your dashboard then it's a known bug. Should be fixed sooner than later.

Best Answer

Thanks CLT, I will see how if it ever gets sorted...

Best Answer

@JaydeeTas  I do not have my Charge 3 on All Day Sync.  When I wake up, my tracker says Sleep Not Tracked.  But the correct sleep time is there after a sync.  Are you saying that your sleep time does not appear at all, even after a sync?

My experience is consistent with the description in the Charge 3 Manual.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW wrote:

@JaydeeTas  I do not have my Charge 3 on All Day Sync.  When I wake up, my tracker says Sleep Not Tracked.  But the correct sleep time is there after a sync.  Are you saying that your sleep time does not appear at all, even after a sync?

My experience is consistent with the description in the Charge 3 Manual.

I don't know what page you mean that indicates that there is or is not a bug. Sleep tracking is done by the Charge 3. If it's tracking but says it isn't then it's the bug so it seems to be affecting you too. Maybe it's affecting everyone, I don't know.

In this case the OP is getting the data but also the not tracked error.

Best Answer

Hi @LZeeW,

The charge 3 constantly says "Sleep not tracked" If I open my fitbit app on the Android and it has all the stats of my sleep. It's just annoying.

Best Answer

@JaydeeTas  I am sorry that I misunderstood what you are experiencing.

Like @NellyG suggested, and you have done, Fibit recommends restarting your tracker when it misbehaves.  When that doesn't work, then it is time to contact Support.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @JaydeeTas and @CLTGregThanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Thanks a lot for all you help my friends @LZeeW and @NellyGRobot wink

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Could you please update me to as im having the same isuses , sleep tracking on phone is working , but fitbit says sleep not tracked ,also everytime i check my sleep patterns its copys it but if i delete it it deletes the whole log , thank you Byron 

Best Answer

Hey there @UMTByronK5098, thanks for jumping in here! Totally, as soon as we have updates, we'll make sure to post them in this thread. Man Very Happy

In regards to the sleep logs on your app, when you swipe to see the information from previous days, only the Main tile (steps, floors, calories burned, active minutes and distance) will update. The other tiles will only show "Today's" information. In order to check the information from previous days in tiles such as Water, Sleep and Reminders to move, please tap on each tile, where you will find detailed information and a complete graph of your stats.

I hope this can be helpful, if after tapping the sleep tile you're still not able to see the logs from previous days, please let me know and if you need anything else, feel free to reply! Smiley Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope this helps , the first is the fibit issue no track on the fitbit i
guess you would say

Second to are screen shots of what happens (glitch) i guess before and
after i check 1 days info rem ,light , deep ,awake . Just copys everything
and i dont wanna risk deleting it but it randomly fixs sometimes as in
this example
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try to send screen shots @UMTByronK5098? If so, they didn't go through my friend. 

In order to add a photo to your reply, please:

* When you're in the reply page, click on the Photos icon. 

AddPhoto1.PNG

* Then, click on the Choose File in the middle of the grey window that will pop up

AddPhoto2.PNG

* Search for the photo on your computer and click on Open.

AddPhoto3.PNG

* Once the image shows up in the grey windows, select the size and the position (1) and click on Done (2)

AddPhoto4.PNG

I hope this can be helpful; give it a try, I'll be waiting for your reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Hey guys @JaydeeTas and @CLTGregThanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Thanks a lot for all you help my friends @LZeeW and @NellyGRobot wink

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Whoa. 15 javascripts on 15 different sites just to hit "Quote"! Are we missing any functionality? Are there stats or something that will show when it's fixed or will it just says "Sleep Tracked".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20181125-005149_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20181125-005222_Fitbit.jpg

15431841284843584362874701963188.jpg

These are the photos re. other message 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for providing me with the screen shots provided @UMTByronK5098! You're experiencing what has been discussed along this thread. As I mentioned, we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

You will see your data tracked on your device @CLTGreg.

If there's anything else I may assist you with, let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear all,

Just wanted to let you know I have the same problem.
I fixed it once by hanging my fitbit by the charger on the computer and syncing the fitbit with the fitbitapp on the computer. After that my fitbit did show my sleeptime that day.

But the next day again the same problem, and my earlier solution wasn't working anymore.

Just wanted to let you know, maybe it helps in fixing the bug?

Just one last question, I am new in the fitbit community and when you say you're gonna fix the bug as soon as possible.. Are we speaking days-weeks-months...?

Thank you

Best Answer

So how long is it expected to take to fix this bug?

I have the same problem and I'm not impressed spending £150 and some of the functions don't even work properly.

It also takes a VERY long time to sync to my phone even though all day sync is in and every setting that is supposed to make syncing easier and quicker is turned on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same error message. Is this still not fixed?

Best Answer