Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 saying Sleep is not tracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the Charge 3 for 5 days and even though my Fitbit states it is not taking sleep,  my android is collecting data from my sleep patterns????.

I tried restarting the fit bit but putting it on the charge and holding the button down didn't start the reboot process. It went to fitbit pay. Any ideas on why that is?

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Hi Team 

It's been nearly 2 months now and this issue still isn't resolved. Any update on when a fix might be forthcoming?

Many thanks 

EmNZ

Best Answer

I also have the same issue.

The app is tracking my sleep but the Charge 3 is always stating "sleep not tracked".

What does even must be displayed here?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 also only ever displays 'Sleep not tracked'. My fitbit phone app (android) however logs all of my sleep data showing all the sleep stages.

Why has it taken this long to fix this issue? The issue was first raised in November 2018. Two months have gone by and still no fix? It is not ok to sell products which have known issues at RRP. Why have features which don't work and offer no support? Everyone who is affected by this issue deserves an outlook in terms of timeframe where it will be resolved. Awaiting your response....

Best Answer

Finally got my Charge 3 yesterday and glad it’s not only me with this annoying issue! Agree it’s a bit naughty pumping out buggy hardware especially when we are going back 2 months with no fix! 

Shame....

Best Answer

I have same problem but my fitbit stopped tracking sleep for 3 weeks & has a lot of trouble syncing. Not happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working very hard to fix the bug it seems as it's still not fixed. 

I had so many issues with the charge 3 that I've actually returned it now. 75% of the time it wouldn't sync at all it's so unreliable. I hope you fix the issues for the other customers who still have their trackers but I'll be getting a different brand of fitness tracker as Fitbit don't even seem to be making any effort to fix their known problems.

Best Answer

My device is also showing sleep not tracked and I’m not seeing a response from a moderator on when this will be resolved. Looks like it may be time to return this device if it’s taking Fitbit more than 2 months to resolve an “known issue”. 

Best Answer

I have just bought the charge 3 and had i known it had issues that have not been resolved and are actually being ignored I would not have gone ahead with the purchase !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my charge 3 for 2 days and having looked at this thread I’m very dissapointed that this hasn’t been resolved in the last two months since it was raised

Best Answer

Hmmmm. mine had the "sleep is not tracked" after its first night but later on this morning it showed my actual sleep so hopefully it has "woken up" 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is logging the sleep on the app but not on screen on charge 3 although it frequently needs plugged in and reset to sync to app as I don’t leave my phone Bluetooth on all the time.

Sent from my iPhone XS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Spoke too soon !! after working the next day of ownership !! mine is now saying sleep not tracked again Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked the day after posting my comment above however now it is saying I have only slept 1 hr 22 mins when my app says 6 hr 12 mins and I have synced this a few times throughout the day 

Best Answer

Now as well as the sleep tracking issue I now have the syncing issue and had to manually sync this morning.

From browsing through the community these are not isolated cases, why release the Charge 3 with so many issues ???

Best Answer

its been almost 6 months since this thread started and the "fix" still hasn't been  implemented.

as a new customer of fitbit. who knew the issue long before I purchased a two charge 3 special editions @  £150 each. 

not the best experience.

but it does seem a acceptable excuse from tech companies in this day an age.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So is this issue just being given up on?  It seems like the Charge 3 isn't getting any further development even though it is buggy and half-finished software wise.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I expressed my disappointment to them countless times to the point where
they offered me a full refund on their mediocre product.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2 but it is not accurate either for time to time but i understand that it is how you have the charge put on your Wist 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why my Charge 3 has  the message" sleep  is not tracked"?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Because you need to sync with the app Fitbit itself

Sent from Sarah iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes