Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen brightness and sleep mode features

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know if the new Charge 3 has this issue???

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @imsoaks, thanks for stopping by! On Charge 3, you can manage basic settings including brightness, heart rate, and button sensitivity directly on your tracker. Open the Settings app and tap a setting to adjust it. Swipe up to see the full list of settings. 

auto.png

If you want to get more information about the basic settings of Charge 3, check here (page 16-20) to see the manual. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for the ideas and leave a comment to show support for it. 

Sleep stages are based on heart rate data. Make sure that you're getting a solid heart rate reading , since sleep stages requires consistent HR. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, double check that your watch is charged up. 

Additionally, I'd recommend checking the following that could be preventing you from receiving sleep stages:

• If you used the "Begin Sleep Now" option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern. 

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hey there @imsoaks, thanks for stopping by! On Charge 3, you can manage basic settings including brightness, heart rate, and button sensitivity directly on your tracker. Open the Settings app and tap a setting to adjust it. Swipe up to see the full list of settings. 

auto.png

If you want to get more information about the basic settings of Charge 3, check here (page 16-20) to see the manual. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for the ideas and leave a comment to show support for it. 

Sleep stages are based on heart rate data. Make sure that you're getting a solid heart rate reading , since sleep stages requires consistent HR. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, double check that your watch is charged up. 

Additionally, I'd recommend checking the following that could be preventing you from receiving sleep stages:

• If you used the "Begin Sleep Now" option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern. 

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like the screen timeout feature has been removed, any idea how to add this back or if it is possible to do so?

Best Answer

Where can I find the sleep mode feature? The screen lights up at night and this prevents me from falling asleep. I have notifications off during sleep, but I still receive notifications while I am trying to fall asleep. From what I've read, I can set the time notifications are turned off and turned on, but I cannot find it. I already don't sleep enough. I bought this thing with the hope of it helping me monitor my sleep. Thanks to the notifications I'm sleeping even less. Please help.

Best Answer

Hi all- I just got the new update version 28.0000 something and so far it’s great - much faster sync with the app and the watch itself seems zippier too. I discovered there is a “sleep mode” under quick settings and I pushed it accidentally while in an outdoor environment and I could not see the screen anymore - it was too dim to see how to turn it off. I ended up floundering around and trying to remember what motions I had done to enable it and managed to turn it off but there’s got to be a better way!  Anyone know of one?  Cheers. 

Best Answer

Perfect and understandable answer. Thank you!

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @lindaone Welcome to the community forums. 

@lindaone If any of the responses above helped to resolve your inquiry, please note that you can mark it as the best answer. By doing this, other users with a similar inquiry will encounter a faster response. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes