Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen doesn't come on when I turn my wrist

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 used to turn on whenever I flipped my wrist toward me. Now the only way the screen will turn on is if I hit the side button. I've tried the plugging it in and holding the button down routine and messed with the clock face and it still isn't working. Not a major issue, just annoying when you got used to not having to press anything 😕

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @ApiFit and @Mfunk1408. I totally understand where your concern is coming from. Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3's behavior. 

So I can move forward with the next step, can you please confirm if you've tried restarted your Charge 3?

If the restart doesn't work, please check on the Fitbit app if your Charge 3 is still syncing. If so, change the clock face to a different one to see if this brings back the display. Don't worry if you cannot see anything on the display by now, this process is done through the Fitbit app. 

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Having the same issue. Able to sync and use side button ok but it’s frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @tlynnc312 and @Ttse, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for troubleshooting your Charge 3 devices prior to contacting us and for the details provided. 

Have you verified that Screen Wake is enabled on Charge 3? Please try these steps:

• On your tracker, press and hold the button until the Quick Settings menu appears.
  • Find the Screen Wake option and tap it to turn it off. 
  • If it is disabled, it has a diagonal line through it. 

If the Screen Wake is enable, but not working as it should I'd recommend restarting your device by following these steps

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

You're lucky... My screen won't come up at all! I can't turn it on then off, I can't hit any buttons, change the clock face. I don't even know what to do at this point. It is a paper weight on my wrist!

Best Answer

Hi there @KSadyLady, welcome on board. Thanks for restarting your Charge 3 and changing the clock face in order to solve the blank screen

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same exact problem with mine. It’s upsetting to know you’ve spent so much money on a device for it to not function as it’s suppose to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same problem. Makes vibrating noise when pressing side button. Holding for 8 sec while charging brings up smiley face but then goes dead again.it is frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @ApiFit and @Mfunk1408. I totally understand where your concern is coming from. Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3's behavior. 

So I can move forward with the next step, can you please confirm if you've tried restarted your Charge 3?

If the restart doesn't work, please check on the Fitbit app if your Charge 3 is still syncing. If so, change the clock face to a different one to see if this brings back the display. Don't worry if you cannot see anything on the display by now, this process is done through the Fitbit app. 

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit @I tried all those options but nothing works. It is not able to connect to Bluetooth so I was not able to change the clock face or sync.

it does seem like getting restarted (when connected to power)with half white line showing couple of seconds and then a smiley face comes then the screen goes blank again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @ApiFit, thanks for following the tips and recommendations I provided above. 

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Worked!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure sleep mode is off. I just figured this out after weeks.  Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes