Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen dull and not visible

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it really good enough that there are so many people saying their screen is now not working properly less than 2 years after they spent a good amount of money on this tracker device.?

I have asked for help from Fitbit and they say there is nothing I can do.  I see that thousands of others have the same issue.  I'm not impressed. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

If you followed the troubleshooting steps provided here without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

I am going to close this thread since it became off-topic, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Nuswimmer.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for the information provided.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support and they provided some troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue. If after following their instructions you need further assistance, please let them know. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your advice, EdsonFitbit. 

The response from customer service was wholly inadequate;  basically try restarting it.  It did nothing to help and they had no further advice.   They offered the idea of buying a new tracker.   This does not resolve the issue and I'm unhappy about the idea that they don't expect the trackers to last very long.   Im not sure I want to invest another big chunk of money in another tracker from fitbit.

Best Answer

Same with mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sentiments exactly! If you can’t build product that shows the info clearly after 3 years use on a screen snd yet everything else works just fine, s as s you have no remedy for this I will not buy another fit bit product.

Best Answer

Absolutely... I am battling with the same problem. Here in South Africa we have a Fitbit for South Africans Facebook page and there are thousands of complaints.  We don't even have a repair or customer service center here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem but my face is black on my Fitbit charge 3 A piece of junk

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Just got home from work and my screen won't turn on. The green light is there and it still vibrates, but other than that, it's useless

Best Answer

Same issue with my CHARGE 3. It's less than 2 years old (21 months) and screen is barely visible for the last 3 months. I've tried all of the suggested solutions, restarting etc, but nothing works. Not happy..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Please make sure Do Not Disturb (DND) and Sleep Mode are turned off. For instructions on how to navigate your Fitbit Charge 3, please visit this article.

If you are not able to follow the steps shared above because the screen is black, please perform a regular restart by following these instructions.

In addition, you can try a long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again. 

If your Tracker is syncing, please try to change the clock face:

• From the Today tab EdsonFitbit_0-1644438006815.png in the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Charge 3 tile.
  • Tap Clock Faces.
  • Browse the available clock faces. Tap a clock face to see a detailed view.
  • Tap Install to add the clock face to Charge 3.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have tried all of these things already but they don't work. I can't see what's happening on my device since the screen stays pitch black. I can still feel vibrations and sync to my phone, where it still updates my heart rate and steps etc. But the screen of my fitbit stays pitch black, so I can't navigate or see what's happening.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, @_ismae.

According to our records, you've recently been in contact with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. They did. And it didn’t fix anything. They recommended I buy a new device, even though this one is less than 1.5 years old, but I wasn’t eligible for a warranty because I already received a new device because my old one had the same problem after exactly 1 year. But thanks for your response

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. This is my third Fitbit in the Charge Series, first the poor strap then a battery that would not charge, now my 3 has faded completely over the last month. Fitbit has never been a reliable watch even my wife’s Alta HR became useless after a year!! No more Fitbits they are poor reliability

AnthonyP37

Best Answer
0 Votes

You hope that your advice helps; well nothing makes any difference.   The fitbit tracker works but the screen does not.  Not impressed

Best Answer

I cannot use mine either, I bought it 2yrs from now, and I didn’t use it for a 5months, and now my screen are not visible any more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem too, I followed the instructions for the brightness it is set to normal, but I can just about see the time during the day and at night it is hardly visible at all. Very disappointed with the charge3 all round. 

Best Answer
Boy, fitbit have really screwed up with this fault. They have gone silent on any fix, typical of my past problems with my previous Charge 2! Never again!! Their Charge series products are totally low end rubbish in my experience. Tonyp37

Sent from Tony's iPhone
Best Answer

If you followed the troubleshooting steps provided in my response above without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit, There is no point to all these messages you are posting as a
company. We have talked and talked and you have not offered a respectable
solution to all our problems. Get some LCD screens into repair shops
around the world and inform all fitbit clients where they can go to have
these screens repaired.

Fitbit users are being taken by scammers who are capitalising on your lack
of action. They are charging exorbitant prices to have the screens replaced
and if customers can't pay, they wont send your watch back. These get
refurbished and sold as used items where new unhappy customers are
cultivated.