Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen faded until black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit Charge 3 since 2020 December, I have never had complaints until 2 weeks ago. It started fading from the sides inwards, this lasted a couple days until it became pitch black. It was repsonsive and still recorded my stats in the app, but the screen remained black.

I have tried changing the clock face as well as multiple restarts with the cable. I get it to a point where I can see a little bit if I focus very hard in a dark room.

Honestly if I knew beforehand that the Charge 3 had this very common issue I would not have purchased it.

Moderator edit: edited title to clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the community, it is always nice to see someone new, @Cait-Lynn.

Thanks for letting me know about this situation in regards to the screen of your Charge 3.

I understand you have followed some steps to get this solved, but I recommend you to do them once again, with some others, in this order, please:

- In the Fitbit app, touch your profile picture, touch your Fitbit device and click 'Sync Now'. This will help you synchronize it
- Restart your Charge 3 by following the steps here.
- After this, change the clock face of your Charge 3. In the Fitbit app, you can access the image of your profile and the image of your Fitbit device, touch the gallery and the screen and click on the clock face, preferably one of Fitbit and install.

Let me know how it goes nce you've followed these steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue with my fitibit charge 3. I've reset and it black screen. Looks to be charging on the app, but then it doesn't. what next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to my charge 4

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tvdrosos Welcome back to the community! And @ItsRRoby Welcome!

@ItsRRoby You can follow the steps I mentioned in the previous comment in this post, I'm positive they'll help you.

@Tvdrosos I was able to confirm you contacted support and they were able to provide you with a solution, if you have any other questions or concerns, my best recommendation would be to contact them once again, since you have a case created with them already.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help. Still not working so might be time to replace 

Best Answer
0 Votes