Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen fading out

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display is fading out and only the bottom half of screen is showing very vaguely. I've done a reset but it's still the same what can i do to fix it?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Raikhan.

I am sorry to hear the display on your Charge 3 is fading out. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. Since you've tried to restart the tracker, I would like to confirm if you've tried doing a long restart:

• Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I've just tried that now but its still the same no change?

Best Answer

Hi @Raikhan, thank you for your response.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I went ahead and created a case for you, someone from our Support team will reach out soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing for me.... 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @noelbeau.

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue. Let me assist you with that. I recommend confirming your device's brightness settings and making sure you don't have the "Sleep Mode" setting turned on. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device's screen? Please also let me know if you've tried the troubleshooting instructions from this post?

Looking forward to your response. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. It was replaced once for the same issue.  I've tried all the troubleshooting (hard start, changing clock faces, fully charged).  Is there any other fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @MOHern.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to assist you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On 11 Sep 2020 I received a message from them stating "Although your tracker is outside the scope of Fitbit's warranty terms, we want to offer you the following: 35% discount on a new Fitbit..." with a link to a promo code and 30 days to use it.  I responded to the email (as directed in the body of the message) twice - once on 5 Oct 2020 and again on 9 Oct 2020 with questions and never received a response.  I went to use the link this morning, assuming we're at the 30 days and it says it's invalid now.  Can you assist?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same problem over the past week. Have tried reboot and doesn’t help. Somehow managed to get into Settings and changed brightness from auto to normal which helped for an hour or two now back to same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem for me. I have also tried to restart it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JMcloughlin @Dn3ill. Thank you for your reply, @MOHern

@MOHern I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having with using a discount link. Thank you for sharing your experience, I am sorry that you are going through this situation. I've sent these details to our Support team and someone will contact you soon, please keep an eye on your inbox.

@JMcloughlin Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

@Dn3ill I am sorry you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate your efforts. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue working with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I am having similar issues. My charge3 screen is dim, I can only see anything at the very bottom of the screen. I have tried a long reset with the steps provided above numerous times with no change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @alyssahusband_7.

I am sorry to hear you're having a similar issue with your Charge 3. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. I've sent your information to the Support team and they will be reaching out via email to help get this resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  I have not heard from anyone yet nor have any of my three email messages been answered.  It's getting quite frustrating, but I do appreciate your assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @MOHern.

I am sorry to hear you haven't heard from our Support team, I understand how frustrating this is for you. I contacted Customer Support and was informed that they have reviewed your case already and provided a response recently. For more information, please check your inbox.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue with my Charge 3.  The display had been slowly fading out for the past month or so and now it has completely faded to black.  I have tried restarting more than once, charging fully, checking all the settings, but nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!  I’ve had my first Charge 3 replaced in December last year and this one is doing the same going now. Disappointing. Haven’t been able to keep either one for a year yet.  What’s up Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AJDex @smdandy.

@smdandy I am sorry that you are going through the same situation, I totally understand how you are feeling. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution. I recommend to continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you.

@AJDex Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and recommend confirming that your device's firmware is updated. Please follow the instructions at How do I update my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Best Answer

Hi.  I followed the instructions and updated the firmware.  No change.  The screen is completely black.  I have regularly updated the app and the firmware in the past.  I have had this Fitbit for less than two years and haven't been able to see the screen for almost a month.  I miss it!!

Best Answer
0 Votes