Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen fading out

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display is fading out and only the bottom half of screen is showing very vaguely. I've done a reset but it's still the same what can i do to fix it?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

Thank you for your reply, @AJDex.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I speak with someone about my charge 3 being very dim, to almost in readable, on the highest setting? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @BDuva @Dksky.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your devices. I appreciate the additional details and if you haven't already tried doing so, try changing the brightness setting on your Charge 3: go to Settings > Brightness and change to Auto or On. Please also confirm that you don't have "Sleep Mode” turned on: press and hold the button on your device. Tap a setting to turn it off. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device's screen?

If the issue persists, try these steps:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Change a clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?
  3. Long restart:  
  • Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all these options and my Fitbit face is still fading to black

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @BDuva.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I went ahead and created a case for you, someone from our Support team will reach out soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still no change in the brightness of the screen sadly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response, @Dksky.

Since the issue persists, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. You should be getting a reply soon.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am experiencing the same issue in my limited edition charge 3. I’ve done the actions as proposed by the moderator with no improvement. Given the number of users with identical issues I’m not too sanguine that my Fitbit will be covered under its warranty. I had no such problems with my charge 2. The screen is pretty much illegible in sunlight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @VespaDiva.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and understand your concern. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my omnidirectional interocitor
Best Answer
0 Votes