Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen has a white line across the screen from left to right

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my tracker about an hour ago. I've turned it on and synced it and I've got a solid white line across the middle of the screen! Is there any way of fixing this or is it going to have to be sent back for replacement?

A reboot didn't help...

Best Answer
308 REPLIES 308

The line is the update progress, mine hung up & wouldn’t budge.

you can reset the watch with an 8 sec press of the button on the side.

leave it to sort it self out & then do the update.

i couldn’t do mine because my screen died.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that too it didn’t work. I just took it back to the store my new
one works fine
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought my Charge 3 yesterday and I have had the white line across the screen all evening yesterday and into this morning. Have tried to reboot several times, but no difference. Feeling very sad and disappointed.

Best Answer

Hi guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue and would like to know if you keep seeing the line across your trackers display? If so, I recommend performing a long restart by doing the following:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just take it back and get another one. That is what I had to do and I’m
loving it now
Best Answer
0 Votes
Got this from support and initially it didn’t fix the issue but like an
hour later the line disappeared.

Thanks for getting back. We suggest you try to do a long restart for your
Fitbit Charge 3. You can follow the steps here:
1. Connect the device to the charging cable.
2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the
button down for 15 seconds.
3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur:
first a short vibration, then a medium vibration.
4. The device turns off.
5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur.
The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Let us know how it goes!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.
Very helpful.

...Sally...

Sent from my iPad Air 2
Best Answer
0 Votes
After doing the long restart I still have a line...
--
Matt Nachtrab m +1 (419) 304-2061 mnachtrab@gmail.com
Best Answer

I still have the line also. 

Best Answer
I did that (and all kinds of other things) many times. Nothing worked. I received a new pebble and all I wel....so far. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A
Best Answer

I’ve followed the steps you suggest, but still have the white line... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thanks for the information.

It's great to know that for some of you this issue has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with do not hesitate to post it.

Now for the ones that keep having problems, I recommend getting in touch directly with our support team, I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution. For a faster response you can contact them via chat.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a Fitbit gifted to me recently. Was happy with it but one day later I had a white line going through the screen. What do I do about this? Its been a bother 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Dijolt13, welcome on board! Have you tried solution described by Alejandra and Csapp closer to the top of this page? If it doesn't work, can exchange the device or contact customer support for options. Have a great one!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Diljot13, welcome to the Forums and @RiseAndShine thanks for the input.

If your tracker's display is corrupted, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know how it goes. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! My problem has been fixed, but I can’t see how to remove my question - in fact, I can’t even find it at the website...?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I am also having that same issue with the line in the middle of the screen. I’ve had my Fitbit about 2 weeks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried solutions mentioned above? Please, try to provide as much information as possible so that members of the forum could address your issues better.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My issue is resolved - thanks for asking. But I don’t know how to remove my post - in fact, I tried to find it and couldn’t. If you can explain to me how to find it and then how to remove it, I will!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I have tried all of the proposed solutions. And sometimes the line
goes away, but it then comes back.
--
Sent from my iPhone
Please pardon any brevity or errors.
Best Answer
0 Votes