Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen has a white line across the screen from left to right

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my tracker about an hour ago. I've turned it on and synced it and I've got a solid white line across the middle of the screen! Is there any way of fixing this or is it going to have to be sent back for replacement?

A reboot didn't help...

Best Answer
308 REPLIES 308
On Thursday night my screen miraculously lost its white line... I’m Now white line free!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope that happens to mine!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update @Nan-001, it's great to know the replacement Charge 3 is working properly for you. 

I'm sorry to see that you had to return your devices due to this inconvenience @CCannata, but I hope it's possible for you to return to the Fitbit family in the future. 

That's great news @Alyson57, thank you for this update as well! Smiley Happy

@Crimsomlady9, while sending your information to the Customer Support team I've been informed that you already have a case created with them and they're providing you assistance with this. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Keep us posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have to send it back & get another one!! Hopefully it won't take
long!
Best Answer

Just received my replacement Fitbit Charge 3 from Fitbit yesterday after they sent the device through snail mail. Finally got a device whose screen turns on. Now less than 24 hours later there is a line on the display and what appears to be a dead pixel. Any thoughts?

9C204B20-66C0-4B0C-8F91-28587411D5BF.jpeg

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! Restart it several times and if this doesnt fix it (doubt it will but give it a go anyway), contact Support again. I know it is a pain but bite the bullet and contact them.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

It's great to see you here @YardleyFFL and @NellyG thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate the image provided and would like to know if the instructions provided by our friend worked? Are you still having problems with your tracker's display?

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I am still having problems. After wasting more of my personal time with customer service dealing with this defective device I’m being told that they would like me to package it up (for a 2nd time) and they will send me a replacement (which would be my 3rd Charge 3). I originally received the Charge 3 on October 7 and it’s almost 1 month later and I don’t have a functioning product yet they have my money!

8C0AFAD2-F0A8-4D9A-8197-1CEBDFE9ADCD.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

THIS is exactly what I am seeing on mine. I just got it an hour ago. Is there anyway to fix it? 

Thanks!

Best Answer
No way to fix has to be replaced I just got my replacement a few days ago and it’s fine

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm waiting for them to email me telling me that. just went thru all the
troubleshooting. Thanks for replying!

--
Thank You,
*Cynthia Davis*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, no you can’t fix it, it’s s fault. I sent mine back.
I thin’ some people have had a replacement that is ok.
I’m waiting a few months before I reorder.
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @YardleyFFL.

It's great to know that you contacted our support team and were offered a replacement. Your patience in this is much appreciated and I hope you don't experience any issue with your new tracker.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Just opened and set up my Fitbit Charge 3 yesterday. It works completely fine but I have a white line across my screen that won’t go away. I tried resetting it but nothing seems to work. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same issue. I've had my Charge 3 for ten days now. It was perfect for the first nine days... and then yesterday a white line showed up with the word "alignment" across the screen right above the line. It happened shortly after someone left a voicemail message for me, and I figured it might be related to that / some kind of notification gone wrong.

Anyway, the "alignment" text disappeared a couple hours later, but I still have the solid white line across the entire width of the screen. I've done several restarts, ran a firmware update, etc., but the line is still there.

Charge3-line.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to send mine back.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with my new sim I bought today!!

White line across the screen!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A white line across your screen probably means that your Fitbit is updateing just leave it alone for like 30 minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes