Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen has a white line across the screen from left to right

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my tracker about an hour ago. I've turned it on and synced it and I've got a solid white line across the middle of the screen! Is there any way of fixing this or is it going to have to be sent back for replacement?

A reboot didn't help...

Best Answer
308 REPLIES 308

Hello @Bigjlm123, welcome to the Community forums. I'm sorry to see that you've been experiencing the same difficulties; if you already have a case created with Customer Support I do recommend that you continue the assistance process with them for further instructions. I've sent your information again to the Support team , but I've been informed that they already sent you a reply, please check in your inbox if you've received it. 

Thank you for the update as well @TommyDS, it's good to know the device is working properly now. Smiley Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavideFitbit White line dissapeared, but as you can see on the picture I posted previously, the white line was interupted by a black spot. That spot did not dissapear with the white line , it is still there - looks like burned-out pixels on the screen or like some black colour spot on the cover glass from backside

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kate, I just got my Charge 3 and it has the same problem.  A horizontal white line appears in every screen I scroll to.  (The white line is in the exact position as it appears on the primary screen, where the time is above the line and heart rate is below.)  There's also a bad pixel in the white line, but I'm not concerned about that.  Thanks for any suggestions about how to remove the line.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @DavideFitbit

They sent me a RMA, I'm just hoping that the next one I get doesn't have this defect issue.  This is a poor design on the Quality Control department of Fitbit.  They shouldn't have soo many issues with a new product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update @TommyDS, if you're still seeing the black spot you mentioned on the screen, I do recommend that you continue the assistance process with Customer Support in the case where they were providing you with help; they'll let you know how to proceed with this. 

Thank you for all the details @df4351, and welcome to the forums. Could you please confirm if you already tried the restart process as well?  

Thank you for the update @Bigjlm123, and for the feedback provided regarding the quality of the products, let us know about your experience with the replacement device. 

Keep us posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received my Charge 3 a couple days ago.

Has a white horizontal line, with one dead pixel on the left side of the line.

After updating the firmware, the line and dead pixel remained.

Read this thread, and tried a reboot  -  no change.

What are my next steps to get it fixed or replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Frost_Bight, welcome to the Community forums. 

I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing the same difficulty with the white line across the display, and thank you for confirming you already tried the restart process and updating the firmware version. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you as soon as possible; they'll let you know how to proceed with this. 

I hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DavideFitbit! I've just setup my Charge 3 and exactly the same thing happened.

Would you please send my case also to Customer Support?

PS: I'm from Brazil, just got here and I'm a bit concern about replacement (if this is the case) 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, it's good to see you visiting the forum for the first time. 

Thank you for providing the details about what you've been experiencing with the display of your Charge 3 and your country of residence. Could you please also confirm if you already tried the steps listed here to restart the Fitbit device? Then confirm if you continue to see this white line across the display. 

Please keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DavideFitbit,

Thank you for such quick answer.

Yes, I did tried to restart but even when the smile face appears, the white line is already there...

What should I do next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DavideFitbit,

I’ve tried the suggested steps several times and still have the white line. What do I need to do now to get a replacement?

Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner and @Sianoo, thank you for your replies and confirming that you already tried the restart process. I've sent this information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, you should be getting a reply soon. They'll let you know how to proceed with this. 

Keep us posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They already contacted me. I hope we can fix or replace it.

Thank you, @DavideFitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update @SunsetRunner, I hope everything goes well. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

got my Fitbit charge 3 and completed set up. Said update available and kept tracker near phone. Did this and solid white line has appeared across screen. No action is activating the phone? 

Help! 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you please include me?  My brand new Fitbit3 has the same issue....  who else should I report this to?  I’m bummed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Aislingmil and @Cobber234, welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to see that you've experienced the same difficulty with the white line across the display. Could you please confirm if you already tried the restart process mentioned previously? This has been useful for other people. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit kindly replaced mine. I sent them a photo of the problem, as they
asked. And then I had a new one from them within a week.
--
Daniel Feldman
Best Answer
0 Votes

E356F76A-A7B9-4D7F-A374-FD192D7FDD3A.jpeg

Thanks for your reply. I followed the steps of the restart process but when connected to the charger the Fitbit will not activate  or turn on. Any help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

David - my Fitbit screen is not active at all. The app is trying to sync with it but no joy. Is there a button to turn on the Fitbit? 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes