Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is dim and black around the edge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried what has been suggested and my screen is getting worse.  I can only see the center part.  All around the edge is black.  Help!!!!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hello everyone. @Neganvuggets Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried! I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team and they have provided assistance. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to update your case if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

Have a great day! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all of those steps too. It does not work. I have had my Fitbit for over a year so I am sure it is out of warranty. But looking on this board it appears that this is a common design flaw and FitBit has no useful advice for how to overcome this problem. I have to completely stop my workout to squint at the screen and attempt to figure out what I am looking at so that I can track my activity.

It has been a few months since this thread began. Do you have any updated, effective advice? I am also thinking that changing brands might be the best move right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was not able to resolve my issue.  I tried a different brand and it gave out in less than a year.  I went back to using fitbit.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was lucky enough to have my warranty left. But next time this happens I might buy an Apple Watch. The problem with that is they are very expensive and I'd rather buy a Fitbit that lasts me 1-2 years for $100 rather than an apple watch that costs $400 where I'll have to upgrade in a few years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @NYCKim. Welcome to the community forums. @Bernadetts@Darren813 Thank you for your responses. 

@Bernadetts, @Darren813 At this time, I appreciate your comments and feedback. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

@NYCKim I also appreciate your feedback. In regards with your question, I'd like to let you know that if the troubleshooting steps suggested in this thread didn't help, my best recommendation is that you please contact our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all these suggestions and still have a vignette screen. After the last long restart I have lost my dashboard on the app. I only see calories. This is very frustrating as I utilize all aspects of the app for health reasons.

I will try contacting customer service as others have for a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LBanana. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. Based on the details you provided, it seems that your Charge 3 got unpaired from your Fitbit account and you can set it up again by following the steps here

Nevertheless, if the screen doesn't work, you won't be able to complete the set up process, therefore, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. You can get in touch with them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal. Click here to get connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the link. I decided to try pairing one last time,in the pitch
black so I could barely see the display. After 5 or so tries (yes I know
one more time but I was determined) I was finally able to see a code to
input for pairing. Back to working splendidly except for the Fitbit screen.

Thank you !
Best Answer

@LBanana Thank you very much for the update and for your help. 

I'm glad to hear that you were able to set up your Charge 3. Regarding the screen inconvenience, I believe the best way to get help is to contact our Support Team for assistance. As mentioned before, you can get in touch with them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal. Click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am also having the same issue as described. The screen is unreadable in day light and in the dark the edges are blacked out.

I’ve tried the steps suggested but this hasn’t resolved the issue.

Best Answer

Same issue here! I’ve tried resetting it several times. I’ve done every last troubleshooting tip listed and it’s still not resolved. In face it continues to get worse. Beyond frustrated! Let’s make this right FitBit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes you are having the same frustrating problem. Without seeing all of the
screen you have to look at the app for information (I know first world
problems).
The All of Us study opened up and I am lucky to be 9able to take part in
the study. Through this study I received a new Versa 3. It came at the
right time.
I do not have a solution for the screen however recently one of my tv's did
the same thing with the screen. The screen has seen better days and burnt
out.
I hope you find a solution to this problem.
Lana
Best Answer
0 Votes