Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is dim and black around the edge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried what has been suggested and my screen is getting worse.  I can only see the center part.  All around the edge is black.  Help!!!!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Bernadetts.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the issue with your Charge 3 screen. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. Please confirm if you've tried the following:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Long restart:  
  • Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried restarting it normally, long restarting it, and updating it, but the edges around the Fitbit are still gone and it is extremely annoying since I can’t tell the time which is mainly what I use the Fitbit for.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Darren813.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that the edges around the Fitbit are goneI totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem - it is so so frustrating!  I have restarted my Charge 3 several times, let the battery die and then recharged, and just completed the update. I received it for Christmas, so 8 months old - shouldn't it last longer?

Please help!  This is my 3rd Fitbit device to stop working properly within a year.  If I can't get it fixed, I am changing to a different brand.  What else can I try?  Will Fitbit send a replacement??

I have the same problem - it is so frustrating!  PLEASE HELP!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too 

Best Answer

I just emailed customer support with the live chat and they are sending a replacement. If that breaks I’m going to change to a new brand too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Twicebitten @mshoward. Thank you for your reply, @Darren813.

@Darren813 I am glad to hear you'll receive a replacement. I appreciate your feedback and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. 

@mshoward @Twicebitten Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your devices. 

@mshoward I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. Since the steps you tried didn't help, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. For information about the warranty policy, see this page.

@Twicebitten Please let me know if you've tried already the troubleshooting steps from this post

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife's device has a similar problem with the screen, 2 white bands over the numbers.

I did a restarts as you explained. No change.

I tried to upload a screen image, no luck

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Tsunami.

I am sorry to hear your wife's device has a similar issue. Thanks for trying to resolve this and provide a screen image, I am glad to assist you with that. Before considering other options, I recommend confirming if the Fitbit device is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was updated and I needed to purchase another watch, not a fitbit , due to this unresolved issue.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Bernadetts, thank you for your reply.  

I appreciate the additional details. Since the issue is unresolved, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got that same message before and nothing.  Obviously fitbit is not the right watch for me and customer support doesn't care that they are losing business  Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

They don't seem to care about their customers if they will not help when we the customer have tried their troubleshooting and makes it worse.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Update:

So lucky!!!! Mine is completely black!  Useless now.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

Hi @Bernadetts, thank you for your reply. 

I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. I know our Support team will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep working with them. 

I'll be around if you have any questions.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I access the support team? I have ordered a Galaxy watch but would love to return it and keep my fitbit.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mshoward, thank you for your reply. 

I understand your concern, you can check the options to contact our Support team here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

My Fitbit Charge 3  has just started doing this too and for a while it’s been really hard to read the screen outside but now with the black closing in from the edges it’s getting even worse to where I can’t read the screen indoors either.

please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue! Black screen around the edges, the central part of the screen is dim and impossible to see in daylight. Restarts and app updates have not helped. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit screen is now grey with vertical lines on it. Have tried all the suggestions on the forum but nothing worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue! 

2 days ago it was vibrating constantly I had to wait for it to die to stop now I've put it back on charge and I can barely see the display. I've restarted and rebooted it but it seems to be getting worse I can't even use my fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes