Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is dim and it doesn't vibrate with notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My readout just went to a lower brilliance , also the Fitbit does not vibrate now when my iPhone rings ,as I am in a noisy environment and the wrist vibrating is better than the phone & the phone ring , I am 77 & a ``little bit`` deaf also !  haha

Ashley    My grandson said the ``DND`` (above the Moon Icon) may be Do Not Disturb ??

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/label 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ashmoon. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for the detailed information. As your grandson mentioned, I recommend making sure that your Charge 3 hasn't gone into sleep or DND mode. When any of these settings are activated: 

• Notifications don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker’s screen to turn on.

To change this, press and hold the button, and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

If this is not the case, I'd recommend performing a restart to your Charge 3 by following the instructions here. For the notifications, I also recommend taking a look at this help article if the notifications still don't work after disabling any of the settings above. 

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @ashmoon. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for the detailed information. As your grandson mentioned, I recommend making sure that your Charge 3 hasn't gone into sleep or DND mode. When any of these settings are activated: 

• Notifications don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker’s screen to turn on.

To change this, press and hold the button, and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

If this is not the case, I'd recommend performing a restart to your Charge 3 by following the instructions here. For the notifications, I also recommend taking a look at this help article if the notifications still don't work after disabling any of the settings above. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

HI my Fitbit charge 3 is extremely dim. I tried from another post to power done, get the progress line, and plug back in. but screen is still dim, can't see anything to determine if dnd is on or even to brighten the screen as i've done in the past. since my fitbit 3 charge is attached to my account, can i do it through the website?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tvdrosos. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you very much for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. Currently, there isn't an available option to adjust the brightness of your Charge 3 through the website, nevertheless, I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team and they have provided information and assistance. If you still have additional questions or inquiries about the outcome of your case, I recommend replying back to them and they will be more than glad to continue assisting you. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes