Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is too dim to read

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Charge 3 regularly and without issue since buying it in May 2019. However, over the last month the screen has become too dim to read. I have tried adjusting the brightness settings, watch face, updating the watch and restarting it. But none of these have worked. Is there any advice on what I can do next to fix the screen as I cannot read it?

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Correction: The display is now bright enough.

But a button press is still required to activate the display.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it worked, we have to help each other, God bless ‘em but customer service is not that helpful. Also check DND (do not disturb),  it actually cut itself on and cut screen wake off as well. Go figure

Best Answer

You might have to try it a couple of times. Hold the side button for a full 15 seconds whike in the charger even though the screen disappears, then release and let it reboot on its own. One would think that Fitbit had test engineers who tested these changes before they released them for  public consumption. I digress🦸🏽‍:female_sign:

Update:

Bonus. Glad it worked🦸🏽‍:female_sign:

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

After some back and forth with various possible remedies for fixing this issue, I was able to get through to the customer support team. Unfortunately there was nothing they could do to fix the issue. However, as my watch was still under the 2 year warranty for any product bought in the EAA, Fitbit were able to offer me a free replacement charge 3 or 50% off any new Fitbit product. I was really happy with this outcome and my advice would be for anyone who has an issue to create a new post in the community so that the moderators can begin to offer support. It seems like posting more issues as replies to a post often goes unseen by the moderators. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem -- can barely see the clock etc.

Best Answer

I have same issue and warranty was only for 1 year.

Tried contacting fitbit support and apparently they use Twitter which I don’t use.

Any other way to solve this?

Location in Asia

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, it seems to be just the first 2 numbers and the date. How do I get ahold of them for replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, im having the same issue. My fitbit screen is so dim now and even when I did the reboot it still looks the same. I also tried to change the clockface, but still the same. 
As to the swim tracking, fitbit is also showing inaccurate data even if I’ve set the pool length correctly and have been swimming with a consistent stroke. 
I hope these issues can be resolved, otherwise will really have to consider switching to another fitness watch that is more reliable.

Best Answer

Unfortunately none of the solutions worked and still unable to read the clock face.  Looks like it’s going to be useless after two years .... 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @Boys9798 Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for following the instructions suggested in this thread. Since the inconvenience has persisted, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone and you can click here to get connected. 

Also, make sure to explain the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted the chat room and the rep Juan had elevated the case to email team whom he said will contact me.  That was last week and I still have not received any messages.  My Fitbit is now all dark =( and have to rely on the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Boys9798 I'm sorry for this inconvenience. 

I appreciate the detailed information and I'd like to let you know that I managed to see your case and our Support Team should get back to you shortly. If you don't receive an email soon, I recommend contacting them one more time and please let them know that you already have a support case, this way they can continue assisting you from there. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the exact same problem. I dim display and it will no longer turn on with wrist movement. I have reboot it and synced it many times. Nothing is helping. 

Best Answer

Hello @BrunetteBossLdy. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for trying some troubleshooting steps. At this time, I recommend making sure that your Charge 3 hasn't gone into Sleep or DND mode. When any of these settings are activated: 

• Notifications don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker’s screen to turn on.

To change this, press and hold the button, and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to fix the “screen wake”, it wasn’t being displayed before and nothing, not even wording, appeared above the “notifications” setting. My Charge 3 has not gone into sleep or DND mode. My FitBit vibrates with notifications. My screen’s brightness is set to NORMAL and it is still dim. So dim in fact, that I can barely read my screen at night. 

Best Answer

@BrunetteBossLdy Thank you very much for your reply. 

Thank you for following our recommendations. Since the Brightness inconvenience has persisted, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but Phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected.

On a side note, this thread is now closed and if you have any other inquiries or questions, please make sure to post them in a new thread. 

See you around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes