Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen permanently Black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

My Charge 3 has no output on the screen.

It still tracks and vibrates, but is useless as a watch, quickly checking steps or heart rate, for notifications, or for any other feature that uses the screen.

I've been through all the reset options listed on the forums, including the long restart option (I must have done this one 20 times at least).

Sorry to make a new post about this, I don't seem to be able to reply to any of the main posts, for some reason.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

👍

B.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @brettDbass 

I understand you’ve tried restarting many times and your screen on your Charge 3 remains black. I’ve seen changing the clock face work for others. Maybe it might work for you as well. 

You can change the clock face by going through the Fitbit app. Look here to see how it’s done: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2311.htm. Preferably change to a clock face made by Fitbit. 

‘I’m hoping this helps. Let me know

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and have done the same re-start procedure still nothing. Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still black

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MichellePyro 

Did you try changing the clock face going through the Fitbit App? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @MichellePyro 

I would suggest calling Fitbit Customer Service: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US

On a side note….on your last post you have posted all your personal information. I would suggest deleting the information as this is a public forum. Here’s how to delete the personal information. Go to the post with your personal info showing and tap the three small dots at the upper right corner of the posting box then tap edit in the drop down menu. Delete the personal information then tap reply again at the bottom of the posting box. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I am new to this and replied from business email

Best Answer

Thanks Mega Bite 👍

Sadly, I did try this already, too ☹️

Best Answer

Hello again @brettDbass and @MichellePyro 

I’d suggest you both contacting Fitbit Customer Service: 

USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)

More information can be found here: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US

Normally I would suggest attempting to set up your Charge 3 as a new device but because your screen is black the end result is you’re unable to see the 4 digit code that shows on your Charge 3 in almost every case. This 4 digit code is necessary for the setup. 

😕I’m sorry I was unable to help but I do hope Fitbit Customer Service can help you both. 

Best Answer

You've been really helpful, MegaBite!

Thanks for taking the time to reply 👍😁

Best Answer

Thank you for your help. I contacted customer service who had me try several times to re-set again using the 15 second hold and the 8 second hold. Finally deciding that my watch is no good, it does flash up the time very faintly right as you take it off the charger, but that is it. They said the warrenty people will contact me with options but I fear my device in too old and will offer me nothing.

I guess time for a new watch.

Best Answer

😕 I’m so sorry @MichellePyro but your right if the Fitbit is more then a year old it would be considered out of warranty. But, just wait till you hear back from them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had same problem.  All the recommendations from FitBit customer service have failed.  It tracks steps, charges, syncs and does everything it should, but FitBit has no means to correct the black screen

Best Answer

Plug the device into the charging cable. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. Remove your finger from button.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes