Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen too dark to read

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 screen too dark to read

Moderator edit: format and label. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know about the steps you have followed in order to make your Charge 3 screen work properly @dwrunner

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Moving this to the Charge 3 forum

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Decodance. I'm sorry to hear your Charge 3 is too dark to read.

Please check that your tracker is not in Do not disturb or Sleep mode. If this wasn't the case please try restarting your device:

Open the Settings app on your device and tap About > Reboot Device.

If your tracker is unresponsive:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Thank you for your assistance @NellyG.

Best Answer

There doesn’t seem to be an “About” option under Settings. How do I access that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JULIEACA. Thank you for sharing your question in order to access to About option on your Charge 3 settings.

You can try setting up your tracker as a replacement device and see if you find this option.

You can also follow the recommended steps after the step you can´t follow.

Best Answer

Is there any way to reboot when away from home/ my computer??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community and thank you for your question @nontrad

You can plug the charging cable into the USB port on any UL-certified USB wall charger follow the instructions.

I hope this information helps. 

Best Answer

Thanks. Followed all the instructions and advice, but screen has simply dimmed over time

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for following advised troubleshooting steps @JULIEACA.

You can also try a long restart: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again. 

Best Answer

I have done everything suggested here - no use as I can now see nothing on my screen.   I am thinking my journey with Fitbit is now coming to and end.

Best Answer

how disappointing! They must have designed it to not last long. What a shame

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

I have had my charge 3 replaced twice in 3 years. All with screen problems.  None of the given solutions work. I can no longer read the screen. I read the information from the app.. don't know what to replace it with. Think is is designed short lifetime.  Disappointing.

Any suggestions? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @leigha2 and thanks for getting back to @JULIEACA@Sandra30000. Thank you for your comments and I know how frustrating this could be. 

Please try changing your tracker's clock face with the steps of: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer

My screen can no longer be seen in daylight. I have rebooted and changed clock  face to no avail. Part 2 is that my steps do not reset at midnight starting 2 days ago. I am now at 60,000 steps today. That's with a nap and an hour reading a book.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know about the steps you have followed in order to make your Charge 3 screen work properly @dwrunner

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer

Just go to settings/brightness and select brightness you want Dim/Normal/Auto. It defaults to dim.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is that when it is dim, it is too dim to see the screen to be able to get to settings!!

Elizabeth Boardman
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Trust me, I tried that about 20 times. It just was like the screen backlight was losing power.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it is losing power. Dying…

Best Answer
0 Votes