Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen too dim and lines through it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly after 1 year of no problems, My screen is so dim because it has lines through the display. The lines on screen make it impossible to read outdoors even in the shade. It's just out of warranty.

So far I've tried:

Short reset

Long reset

Change clock

Changed Brightness from normal to auto in watch setting

Nothing seems to work.  I wear it to bed but I have to wear a sports watch outside.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @DimDisplay2, thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3's screen is too dim and has also developed lines through it, I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling.

I appreciate you have already tried to troubleshoot this situation before reaching us. At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support Team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions. Note that due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

We hope your issue is solved. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, the support from fitbit is ok while the tracker is in warranty...mine miraculously die on me 1 to 3 month after warranty is over and then the support team just says sorry...

Bands break very fast, screen dims and gets stripes, broken band does not release from the fitbit tracker...it's a good tracker but be ready to buy a new one every 15 month, if you do not loose them due to the broken band issue

Best Answer

Same problem here - my charge 3 is just 3 weeks old.

Contacted Fitbit Support by phone but could not give any answers!

They promised to revert with a questionnaire via my mail, but have not heard anything yet after waiting for more than a week.

The Support function seems not to work - and hard to get to.

Please let me know your resolve - or maybe it is time to scrap this product and look for a better quality product!

PrebenDK

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my 3rd and last Fitbit. I have to wear a watch outdoors because the Fitbit has a bright hour and  dim minutes on my clock display. Changing it it setting does nothing.  Useless as a watch outdoors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A bright screen can suck a lot of energy out of a touchscreen Fitbit (such as a Versa, Charge 3, or Ionic). On your device's screen, swipe left until you find “Settings.” Select that. Scroll to “Brightness.” Tap that button to cycle through brightness levels. Keep tapping until you land on “Dim.”

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes