Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen turns on at night

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It's quite annoying but I have gotten use to not opening up my eyes whenever I see a flash of light in the middle of the night. Why can't there be a press+hold for 3 seconds, press 3 times rapidly or some other button combination to wake so that it doesn't come on at night. I read a different post saying that the cause might be 'accidentally' pressing the button or screen. I don't think that's the problem. It really comes on at night when you just move around.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

this one actually works on fitbit Charge 3 . Thanks IchibanNeko  the flashing at night was driving me nuts

1) From the clock face screen, long press the haptic "button" on the left of the C3. The device should vibrate and show a screen with two options--Screen Wake at the top, and Notifications at the bottom. (If you have a special edition model with Fitbit Pay, the payment screen may show first instead. In this case, swipe left to get the above options.)

2) Touch the Screen Wake light bulb icon so it grays out with a diagonal line through it. This will keep the screen off with wrist movement.

Note that the C3 screen is designed to wake on a double tap regardless of the Screen Wake setting (like the Charge 2), so if you thump the arm with the C3 in just the right way (not necessarily a factor of strength), it can wake the screen. For example, I've had my screen come on when clapping my hands, or tapping a spoon on a dish. Just something to keep in mind.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes that helps, but the double tap gesture can happen very easily whilst sleeping just by moving around.

I’ve also noticed just a single touch of the screen for a period after the initial activation of the screen will now also light the face up.

Just allow us to deactivate all but the side button at night please Fitbit

--
Rob Griffiths
http://bytespider.eu

https://github.com/bytespider
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you I found this out awhile ago. And yes it does still turn on if
you're a bit forceful. But better then before.
Thanks Jennie
Best Answer
0 Votes