Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went black

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

My Fitbit Charge 3 screen has went black. I have tried connecting to charger and holding the side button. The device will vibrate but the screen will not turn on, I have also tried changing my clock face without success. 

Please advise if there is any thing else I can try. 

Thank you. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey Everyone. I just went and did a live chat with one of their representatives. They checked my warranty and got me a replacement one sent. It was very fast and easy, so if restarting wont help give them a call or message. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
41 REPLIES 41

Just having the same problem which just started this morning 

Best Answer

I'm also having the same issue and it also started this morning.

Best Answer
What’s going on????
Best Answer

Second time in two days my screen has gone black. Connecting to charger (it was nearly fully charged) and rebooting worked, but too tired to do it tonight again. Why is this happening?

Best Answer
Mine is fully charged , tried to get the Fitbit help but lost them or they
list me ir something. My screen is still black but still recording my steps
etc on Fitbit app.
Best Answer
My screen has been blank for two days. I keeps trying to restart but nothing😔
Best Answer

at this rate retailers are going to stop selling them if they keep breaking down. more hassle than they are worth to them, the manufacturer needs to sort these issues pronto,

Best Answer

Smiley Frustrated

this is ridiculous.. what’s the point of having a watch on your wrist that you can’t read??? It’s always been dim but I can’t see a thing now, unacceptable ... will defo be migrating to Apple Watch . 

come on fit bit sort all the issues out!! 

Best Answer
Very frustrating . Will try and call help line tomorrow
Best Answer
0 Votes

Following.  Having the same problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is also black. It vibrates when I try to restart it but it doesn’t work still. What should I do?

Best Answer
This may work: sync so as to not lose your data. Then plug in to charger.
Once plugged in, firmly press side button and hold until you, hopefully,
get a smiley face. Should work after that. Until it goes black again... 😞
Best Answer

Thanks, it didn't work for me but hopefully it will work for others. 

Best Answer

Hey Everyone. I just went and did a live chat with one of their representatives. They checked my warranty and got me a replacement one sent. It was very fast and easy, so if restarting wont help give them a call or message. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for this. I have tried it but to no avail but will try again .
Best Answer
I hope you get it. My husband was promised a replacement last week. Still
waiting. We were wondering if it's the heat. Mine goes black about once a
day and sometimes the screen is off center, so I can't read part of it.
Getting fairly frustrated. You'll have to let us know if a new one gives
you the same trouble. Good luck!
Best Answer
How frustrating. Definitely not the heat as I am in Australia and it’s
winter. Going to call help line
Best Answer
0 Votes
good night. yesterday the same thing happened to me. I reset the computer, the smile appeared and everything was fine, but today it happened again. It vibrates when you push the button and vibrates when you load, but it never turns on the screen. I note that it is under warranty and that about 3 months ago it was replaced due to the white and black lines it had on the entire screen. I have been fitbit since 2004, but I start to be disappointed. Will charge 3 always give you some kind of problem? It is very frustrating and revolting, being an expensive piece that promises quality and customer satisfaction. should i change the model? Thank you for contacting the department that supports this kind of problems.
graciously

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Same thing happened to mine 2 days ago, I've done every thing suggested but no success. Mine was purchased for me as a gift back in March and I can't get in touch with the person who bought it for me to get the receipt from him. Looks like I'm SOL and back to my charge 2. They really should have made these as good if not better than the charge 2 SMH! I'm super disappointed.. 

Best Answer