Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got this yesterday and the screen is already black and won’t turn on. Very very disappointed, looks like it’s a common issue. I’d rethink getting this, a shame it’s so common for the anticipation of this... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
576 REPLIES 576

Welcome on board @drdl! I totally understand where your concern is coming from. Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Hope the recommendations provided work for you. 

Don't hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried this reset on mine but it never goes to the smile screen or anything it was just charged 3 days ago I took it off to take a shower and when I put it back on later the screen was black. my charge is less than a year old.

Best Answer

so far for 24 hours my screen is normal.I will dump this unit if it does it again.

There is no "button" on charge 3 but if you squeeze the body on the edges as if there was a button it will respond. Put your CHG3 in the charge cradle, make sure it has power and squeeze the cradle for 8 seconds.

If you unit is not defective the smiley face will apear.

Regards,

DRL

Best Answer
I called called customer service on line chat and they reset my charge3 from their end . This was after I tried to reset by putting it on charger and holding button for 8 seconds and it didn’t work .

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Welcome on board @wolf_s_fang7! Thanks for trying to restart your Charge 3. You can try following @drdl's suggestion to see if you can restart your device.

If the restart does not work, but your Charge 3 is still syncing or vibrating I'd recommend changing the clock face to a different to see if this brings back the display. Steps can be found at: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

Hello @sthomsonacrt! I'm happy to hear our Support Team was able to help. Smiley Very Happy If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply back to your support case. They will be more than glad to assist. 

Catch you later guys! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks for this helpful tip from Oct '18.  I got my Charge 3 at Christmas and have had to restart it twice to get the display working again.  This was quick & easy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @MrBud83! I'm happy to hear the restart worked for you and the Charge 3 display is back. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. After 6 tries it came back. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It happened again. Now I'm on the fifth round of the same procedure.

Resetting, changing the clock face and, no screen anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @sherrtay! I'm glad to hear that your Charge 3 is working fine now. Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided. 

Hi @Bortoto! I'm sorry to hear this happened again. I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer

Hi y’all.  I tried both the restart method and changed my clock face and still nothing. Any other suggestions? 

Best Answer

We don’t need a support team, we need a permanent fix. Why can’t Fitbit make that happen?

Best Answer

Hello my charge 3 will not show a screen, will buzz with set alarms and buzz with notifications.  I have placed on charger, tried a press and hold reset and have changed clock faces. No resolution, this is unacceptable, there have been sync and bluetooth issues from the start. I enjoy the features of the charge 3 but not the constant issues. 

Is there anything else that can be done?

Best Answer

Thanks for your advice about changing the clock face!

My Charge 3 screen just went blank about 3wks ago, despite it still showing up my steps etc on the Fitbit app. I'd tried everything but nothing worked until I just changed my clock face and it lit up straight away and now working perfectly! Excellent, Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Talafel and @Silverfan0! Thanks for already trying the suggestions provided in the forums. I've seen you both got in touch with our Support Team after posting here. I'm glad to hear they were able to help on this matter. Robot Very Happy

Welcome on board @Snug! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit customer service and devices. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Are you still having this issue with your Charge 3's screen? Did you try restarting your device or changing the clock face? Please let me know so I can move forward.

Welcome on board @Didi67! Thanks for letting us know that changing the clock face worked for you. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I my do to assist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks support team for the contact..

Indeed I did try all the suggestions on your forum, however had no success.  Therefore I took it back to the store in the UK where I bought it, a store called Argos and as it was only 14 days old they were more than pleased to replace it with a new one.

Rowli from little Wales in the UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, thank you for the follow-up! Yes, I did contact support, during troubleshooting actually resulting in the charge 3 to be completely none-responsive.  The community is an awesome place for help and updates thank all of you who posted and reply to questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Rowli, thanks for coming back and for trying the suggestions provided. I'm glad to hear Argos were able to replace your Charge 3. 😊

Hi @Silverfan0! I'm very happy to hear our Support Team was of help to you. Thanks so much for the good comments towards our Customer Support and the Community Forums.  Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

I hope you both have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done everything you said the smiley face comes up but then the face goes black again

Best Answer
0 Votes

That happened to me, contact support via the chat. They are great and will walk through troubleshooting. My charge 3 became completely unresponsive and was replaced. 

Contact them they will take good care of you.

Best Answer
0 Votes