Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got this yesterday and the screen is already black and won’t turn on. Very very disappointed, looks like it’s a common issue. I’d rethink getting this, a shame it’s so common for the anticipation of this... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
576 REPLIES 576

Totally worked!  I was about to scream!!!!  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Worked for me too! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip, it worked! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reset worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome !!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Funny coincidence ... I've had mine almost a month ... no problem, until today - same thing:  black screen.  BUT I did as suggested - put in charger/held Off/On down for 8 seconds ... I removed from charger and now screen is ON again ... charged to 88%. (saw post - same thing - 88%)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed the directions multiple times, and there is still zero response from my fitbit. It will not restart, it does not vibrate, there is nothing on the screen at all. I have double, triple, quadruple checked that the charger is attached properly, and it still is not working. If this is such a common problem, maybe you guys should work on your programming. You've made it a ridiculous hassle for anyone giving it as a gift. My first fitbit, and I am sorely disappointed. The fact that there are multiple threads on this same issue, with no better solution than restarting it (which, I repeat, did not work) is just lazy on the part of the development team. "Fitbit for Christmas! See your loved one's disappointment in real time!" 

Best Answer

Same thing here. The lady on the customer service chat was very nice, I am sure they are having a very crappy day due to the software being faulty on a brand new device. this is my third fitbit, and will be my last. will be switching this one out on the 28th for another brand. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue.

screen is blank, responds with a vibrate to the side button. Not updating the data on the app.

Tried the 8 second reset without success.

Best Answer

Thought it wouldn’t work but it did. But I’m curious why it happened in the first place as I just fully charged it yesterday afternoon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only got my charge 3 today took ages to update firmware had just got everything done and screen has gone blank have tried the 8 second restart loads of times get the smile then blank again help

Best Answer

It worked great for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen on my Charge3 just went black but looking on line here, Fitbit said how to restart it, did what they said and all good.  Thanks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same, the green indicator light is showing, it vibrates when I push the side but no screen display. Battery is fine.

Best Answer

Thanks, it worked!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
 Did you see how to restart your Fitbit? It worked for me!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the instructions from MarreFitbit.  At step 3, the battery did not display.  I tried step 4 to no avail.  What else should I try?

Best Answer
Yes, it worked.Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

It did not work for me!

@Kimycroff wrote:
Yes, it worked.Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Best Answer
0 Votes