Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got this yesterday and the screen is already black and won’t turn on. Very very disappointed, looks like it’s a common issue. I’d rethink getting this, a shame it’s so common for the anticipation of this... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
576 REPLIES 576

Same for me, many resets and clock face changes, screen remains dark.

Software update was done in summer.

Seems the end of my fitbit story after 4 years and a broken charge 2 now also the charge3 is gone,.

Best Answer

I reached out to Fitbit about this issue and never received a response.  I have tried restarting it many times and the face is still black. I loved my Fitbit, but I am moving on to a different company.  This is my second watch that just stopped working.

I have the exact issue happening over and over again. I fix it and a week goes by and it is dark again. I share your frustration.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @campdream Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. Since the inconvenience has persisted, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. Please note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. 

Make sure to explain the situation and the troubleshooting steps you've tried, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

This just started happening to me on an iPhone12 after an IOS update and I have tried all of the suggestions but still a blank screen.  Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue can't find any answer to fixing extremely disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try going into the app on your phone and trying to change the clock face? Also, hold down the side button on your Fitbit line for 15-30 seconds, see if it m responds at all?Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You tried changing the clock face in the app and holding down the side button on your Fitbit for like 15-30 seconds?Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I tried those things - multiple times.  That is what I meant in my post "I have tried all of the suggestions but still a blank screen.".  Is there any other fix that those suggested in the forum so far?  If not, has anyone had any luck contacting support directly?  Thanks for any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Trying that now changing clock face I tried holding button on side for time
nothing
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, so, I blindly tried to see if I could get back the Auto setting for brightness.  The reason I went to the Brightness setting at all is because I think my fitbit screen has been getting dimmer and dimmer and I cannot see it very well anymore.  Every once in awhile it will get bright enough but most of the time no.  So anyway, I must have hit the "Dim" switch because that is what causes it go to BLANK.  That setting should NOT be called DIM - it should be called BLANK SCREEN, because that is what happens.  Normal is too dime.  AUTO is what I've used since the beginning so I luckily got back to that screen by chance and was able to get it back to AUTO.  However, it displays but is way too dim.  Do these screens die over time?  This only started to happen a few days ago.  It seems like AUTO has become "Normal" - which I can barely see and Normal has become DIM, which I cannot see at all.  I can no longer see this device outdoors, period.  Do I contact support?  It is out of warranty.  I don't want a charge 4 - they seem bigger and I don't want anything bigger, else I'd just get an Apple watch.

Now that I know hitting "DIM" caused it to go blank, I will stay away from that setting - however - I need it to go back to being as bright as it used to be just a few days ago on Auto.  Has there been a recent firmware update that might have caused this?

Best Answer

PS - for that matter, it is hard to see even indoors now on "Brightness=AUTO".

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you for your participation in the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for this experience and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and I also appreciate your help in following the suggested steps. I'd like to let you know that there hasn't been any recent firmware update, but if the inconvenience has persisted, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support for further assistance. 

Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone and you can click here to get connected, but Phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat.

@gypsyjeeper Thank you very much for your input. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disappointed in no solutions so far 

Best Answer
Sometimes dim just looks blank. Put watch under light and see if can find
bright. Sometimes I take while to do it --
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

I have been resetting my charge 3, when it reboots, on a nearly daily basis for the past 3 weeks. I go to use any of the functions and it stops. Please can the software be sorted out as it has not always even worked as a watch!! Any suggestions as rebooting 3 times tonight is not acceptable.

Best Answer

Thanks Mollyben.  I have realized that my screen has dimmed in general.  It used to work really well.  I have to be honest and say that the Charge 3 has never functioned as well as the ONE, the pocket version.  I had one of those for a long time.    I was finally able to get the setting back to AUTO.  There is no Bright on mine.  Only Auto, Normal and Dim.  As I indicated in a previous post, Normal is now Dim and Auto is now Normal.  So it is basically unusable because it is no longer bright enough.  I ordered a Charge 4 as this one is out of warranty (I paid for the 2 years).  If the Charge 4 has the same screen issue, then I will know it is a software issue in which case I will return it and reluctantly get something else.  When this thing worked, it was great.  I think the screen going dim after just over 2 years is not a great thing.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you for your participating in the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for the information, for your help in following some troubleshooting steps and for your feedback. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

At this time, to those who haven't contacted our Support Team, I recommend reaching out to them for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

On a side note, please note that replacement devices are provided for products that are within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

In addition, this thread is now closed and if you have any other inquiries or questions, please post them in a new thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes